Gas Tank FILL Problems

jmac0408

I'm having problems at the pump other than paying for the gas. The gas nozzle keeps clicking off way before the tank is full. This happens every time, no matter what station I'm at, position of car etc. Changing the position of the filler nozzle does not change anything. I looked for obstructions etc and everything looks new/undamaged. Anyone else experience this?

2 hours ago, jmac0408 said:

I'm having problems at the pump other than paying for the gas. The gas nozzle keeps clicking off way before the tank is full. This happens every time, no matter what station I'm at, position of car etc. Changing the position of the filler nozzle does not change anything. I looked for obstructions etc and everything looks new/undamaged. Anyone else experience this?

Hi jmac. What model year is your Edge? Still within the 3 year/36,000 Bumper to Bumper or 5 year/60,000 Powertrain Warranties?

In addition to the advice campingnut offered...Does this occur at all pumps and all stations, or do you usually fill up at one particular station? If you haven't already, try other pumps at other stations and see if you still have the same issues.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

• 5 months later...
On 11/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, jmac0408 said:

Have you fix the problem?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a 2019 Edge.  The first few times I filled it, I had trouble.  My problem was 50 years of driving.  Stick the gas hose nozzle into the tank filler pipe and either hold the lever to fill or set the catch to fill it and let it go.  The Edge fuel pipe has a capless system.  At my gas station,  Costco - they installed a new type of nozzle.  I found that I had to push the nozzle with more force into this capless filler pipe.  If I didn't maintain the pressure, the flow would shut off.  It's gotten easier.  But, the first few times, I was swearing under my breath.

It could be worse.  One of my neighbors has a Chevy Bolt (electric vehicle).  Another neighbor saw smoke coming from his garage.  The Bolt owner and another neighbor put the fire out.  But, he could have lost his house.  Electric vehicles will have issues too.

Edited by retmustang
missing words