• Custom Search

jmac0408

Gas Tank FILL Problems

I'm having problems at the pump other than paying for the gas. The gas nozzle keeps clicking off way before the tank is full. This happens every time, no matter what station I'm at, position of car etc. Changing the position of the filler nozzle does not change anything. I looked for obstructions etc and everything looks new/undamaged. Anyone else experience this?

I have seen a plugged vapour canistor cause this problem as it when not let the air escape as you fill the tank

2 hours ago, jmac0408 said:

I'm having problems at the pump other than paying for the gas. The gas nozzle keeps clicking off way before the tank is full. This happens every time, no matter what station I'm at, position of car etc. Changing the position of the filler nozzle does not change anything. I looked for obstructions etc and everything looks new/undamaged. Anyone else experience this?

Hi jmac. What model year is your Edge? Still within the 3 year/36,000 Bumper to Bumper or 5 year/60,000 Powertrain Warranties?

In addition to the advice campingnut offered...Does this occur at all pumps and all stations, or do you usually fill up at one particular station? If you haven't already, try other pumps at other stations and see if you still have the same issues.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

It sounds to be a venting issue. Like already mentioned, a plugged vapor canister. What year and mileage? It could be as simple as spider webs in vent hose to needing a fuel tank because the valve on top is defective. It really needs correct diag.

Apologies for not providing more details.  I have a 2008 Edge Limited with 103,301 KM's which has an Extended Warranty until April 2021.  This issue has just recently arisen in the last two weeks!!

Thank you to all for your input thus far!! 

Hi bbf2530:

Thanks for your response.  The issue does, in fact, occur wherever or whenever I have recently tried to "gas up"/fill the tank.  As mentioned, this issue has only arisen over the past two fill attempts!