Mustang? Really?

Decker

Seems Ford is back to badge engineering, Ford 500 and the MK everything comes to mine....

Other than the tail lights and a pony emblem what is it? SUV? Short trip Soccer Mom thing?

Then they couldn`t come up with a cloths pin & playing card system to give the Soccer Mom the sound of a vehicle she didn`t want cause it isn`t trendy soooo lets play back a recording of the terrible gas eating vehicle through the B&O speakers to give her that "Bad Girl" feeling?

Mustang, really?

Edited by Decker
  • Thanks 1

Porsche moved into "4" doors, SUV`s and Electric units but none were badged "911" or "Carrera". But then there`s the Mercedes alphabet soup badging "GLA, GLB, GLC..." and throw in their Class terminology and I`m confused a little...

I`m old school I guess. I want a Harley so I didn`t get something that looks like a Harley. I love my Focus so I got a Focus. Hell I have no need for the V Rod because if I wanted a water cooled V MAX I would have got a Yahamahamaha or whatever....

Ford does it time and time again with the glass house thinking. Remember a guy by the name Nasser? That knuckle head even bought up after market parts stores and junk yards, not to mention his testosterone driven luxury car company purchasing binges while leaving the Lincoln to sit on the back burner as a step child. But we did rummage some good things from Volo and Land Rover before we said bye bye.

I just think maybe there`s a little guy sitting on the Hacker`s left shoulder whispering... go a head, do it, come on do it.... poooof Ford Motor & Lincoln Motor Companies introduce the new

(drum roll please) Mustang Motor Company.... :devil:

We`ve played to CEO pipe dreams in the past and had turds float outta sight before but who knows this may work? Me? rollin my 1974 FLH Bobber down the two lane roads for 95 miles then set up camp to let it take 12 hours to fill up just ain`t my cup of Jack. If I want to hear my old V Twin it`s not the same when listening to a recording of an old Harley. JMO....

Edited by Decker

5 hours ago, Decker said:

Ford does it time and time again with the glass house thinking. Remember a guy by the name Nasser? That knuckle head even bought up after market parts stores and junk yards, not to mention his testosterone driven luxury car company purchasing binges while leaving the Lincoln to sit on the back burner as a step child. But we did rummage some good things from Volvo and Land Rover before we said bye bye.

Old Jack did give everyone a computer..... That was outdated by the time we got it. If I remember correctly, He got quite the golden parachute when He left the company. We made Jaguar a better car before we got rid of it.

3 hours ago, Assimilator said:

Apologies for posting in the Employee forum, please remove.  Thanks! 

2021-FORD-MUSTANG-MACH-E-GT-PARKED.jpeg

SOKANE_191117_3793_6170.jpeg

SOKANE_191117_3793_5939.jpeg

FORD-MUSTANG-MACH-E-BLUE-04.png

No apologies needed Assimilator. I think when  starting this thread I pretty much thought it was an open topic of conversation. 
Like any product it fits or it dose not and all the talk is just that, talk. IMO branding of products can have both sides of the coin covered, some like it or some well like me can’t warm up to the electric craze. I’m wondering if most that are looking at the “zero” or “clean” or “save the earth” expectance of these products selling point are truly realistic about where about 80% of the electric power is coming from when they plug their “mustang”....clean, zero or earth saving products in to fill the products batteries?

Edited by Decker

I think the Mach-E has a nice look......... Just not a nice name.......... I agree with "autoworker2......you can't name it "Mustang Anything"......'cause it's not, it's an SUV not a sports car......... and as for "E- Vehicle's"    Nope, not for me....... I drive to northern Michigan....... 250 miles from home........ an auto like this goes about 300...... cutting it to close, so thats out of the question........ Took a vacation a few years back and drove to South Dakota in my F-150..... First stop was 370 miles from home......Can't make that trip in any E-Vehicle made and there's no way to "fill it up" during a short fueling stop. My F-150 made it without a stop .......  and thats the problem with any electric, "you can't get there from here"............... until the auto industry can make an electric that can perform like a "gasser", it will remain a  novelty......right now they're about 2% of the market.....Then again, it could make a good second car........

HotRodGuy........... You're right....... Tesla's goal is to sell that many, but thats "world wide".......Sales in the first six months of the year put it less than halfway to that total, and it  will have to sell  100,000 or more in each of the final two quarters to hit the target............  there is a maket, though small for them.....when you can "change out" or fully charge an electric in a resonable amount of time, thats when the market will expand........ 

On 11/18/2019 at 8:38 AM, Decker said:

Seems Ford is back to badge engineering, Ford 500 and the MK everything comes to mine....

Other than the tail lights and a pony emblem what is it? SUV? Short trip Soccer Mom thing?

Then they couldn`t come up with a cloths pin & playing card system to give the Soccer Mom the sound of a vehicle she didn`t want cause it isn`t trendy soooo lets play back a recording of the terrible gas eating vehicle through the B&O speakers to give her that "Bad Girl" feeling?

Mustang, really?

I am not the person with the "best" taste in automobiles but I like the Mustang e-suv.Dont be surprised at how fast an electric vehicle can be,now.Ford can make an electric version of the Mustang that is quicker than the gas model.Basically its not an SUV its just got a big trunk + a trunk in front.The only thing I dont like about it is that it is Hecho en Mexico.

13 minutes ago, lastmanstanding said:

akirby........ correct.... but as Decker stated   "Porsche moved into "4" doors, SUV`s and Electric units but none were badged "911" or "Carrera"..........  Call it what you will...... but don't call it a Mustang...... 

I understand, but the Porsche name itself was synonymous with 2 door sports cars and nothing else, and Porsche-philes said the same thing about a SUV or 4 door car ruining the Porsche brand.

Also look at Jeep.  The Jeep purists were up in arms when they introduced the 4 door Wrangler and now it's not only accepted it outsells the 2 door considerably and both are named Wrangler.

It's not replacing the current Mustang coupe so getting your underdrawers in a wad because they put the pony badge on something different is silly.

Also - this won't be the last new vehicle to wear the same badge.  Mustang will be a sub brand and not just one or two vehicles.

Same as Bronco and Baby Bronco and the Baby Bronco trucklet - 3 different vehicles all wearing the Bronco badge.