Mustang name might anchor a whole family of models

13 hours ago, 351cid said:

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/interesting-facts-ford-mustang-mach-e

Go here and just scroll down to the comments. These people are some of the ones Ford is trying to reach Looks to me that the vast majority say "That's not a Mustang...calling it that is dumb"

That people are not interested in buy one Mustang Mach E... only are envy because it is out of their economics reach. see the profile of the people that comment

8 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Bill will say whatever to sell vehicles. does this sound like something you’d expect to hear about a vehicle with the mustang name on it?

https://jalopnik.com/watch-our-first-ride-along-in-the-2021-ford-mustang-mac-1839929071

“While I will say that getting a ride in a prototype is fun in itself, I didn’t find the Mach-E’s driving characteristics particularly exciting. The car didn’t feel that quick during the hard launch, nor did it feel like it handled the slalom with sports-car precision. It felt soft, I thought. 

Granted, I had just spent the day driving the Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 and GT500, which are in a different league than the Mach-E in both handling and acceleration. Plus, my ride-along was super short, but nonetheless, my initial impression was “meh.” Even though I know that, deep down, crossover buyers will probably be content with it.”

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-ev-suv-first-ride-review/

“Dropping the hammer in a Mach-E is nothing like dropping the hammer in a Mustang coupe, and if anything, our ride shone some sunlight on what is essentially propaganda.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.caranddriver.com/news/amp29820421/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-prototype-ride/

“When our test driver did a zero-to-60-mph launch, we didn't feel as much of a shove from the instantaneous torque as expected. It didn't quite feel as quick as when we put the pedal to the floor in our long-term Tesla Model 3. It did, however, feel balanced on a slalom course, and we could see why Ford is claiming that the Mach-E will be its best-handling SUV to date.“

These are the quotes from the first 3 articles I found on google about the first ride impressions of the Mach e. Don’t get me wrong, the articles have lots of good stuff in them and they all agree that it’s a fine vehicle. But shouldn’t they walk away from this ride thinking that the mustang name belongs on it? That in itself seems like a fail (naming wise, not the vehicle) to me.

Perfect! You choose the bad comments... only the bad comments. Thanks! Now I know what is wrong with the car... and is not much, at all

6 hours ago, snooter said:

This is concerning...very unlike a real mustang..but as we are getting skoled on now the real mustang is a falcon so this is all ok..cheap china torque motors, weaker magnets..lesser current flow..ford went with range first and foremost and truthfully thats the critical feature 99% out there want along with quick charge...but its a falcon so all is good..fords new prius is not a mustang...chebby ruined SS heritage and ford has done the same..

You are a genius!  Ford ruined a name with a car that is not in the market yet?  Let the car be finished, launched and in the market... let the car show its capabilities and then you can say Ford ruined something. Ok?

30 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

You are a genius!  Ford ruined a name with a car that is not in the market yet?  Let the car be finished, launched and in the market... let the car show its capabilities and then you can say Ford ruined something. Ok?

Ignora el gnomo 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

One thing is for sure, 9 out of 10 Mustang enthusiasts won't buy this car, at least judging by the feedback on Mustang forums and Facebook groups. The traditional EV buyer would probably never consider a traditional Mustang (it's fuel drinking dinosaur, after all).......so who exactly IS Ford's target customer?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

One thing is for sure, 9 out of 10 Mustang enthusiasts won't buy this car, at least judging by the feedback on Mustang forums and Facebook groups. The traditional EV buyer would probably never consider a traditional Mustang (it's fuel drinking dinosaur, after all).......so who exactly IS Ford's target customer?

Well, I think I am.  Though, I don't have the funds to buy one right now.

I'm a Mustang enthusiast, even though I've never owned one (maybe I will when my kids move out), but I would have my order in already if I had $50k at my disposal.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

I'm a Mustang enthusiast, even though I've never owned one (maybe I will when my kids move out), but I would have my order in already if I had $50k at my disposal.

I see this $50k number tossed around a lot but the base price of this is right around 36k after the federal rebate, and could be less depending on what state you live in. While that is still a lot of money it puts it in reach of a lot more people. Yes it’s for the 230-250 range model and rwd but it’s still an impressive vehicle at that price. 

Edited by jasonj80

25 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

There are different types of EV buyers. There's the greenies that apparently you're thinking of, and there's techies. A lot of Tesla buyers are techies. I would bet many would consider a Mach-E.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Mustang brand recognition.  Even if Mustang enthusiasts are not interested, the general buying public is aware of the Mustang nameplate and using it gives the vehicle instant credibility.  

It also generates free "publicity" as we can see-its a giant shit show with everyone and their brother giving their opinion on it, even though they have no intention of buying it.

I've owned two Mustangs in my life and I'd like to get another and the Mach E would meet the requirements I want in my next car-but at the same time I really don't want to spend $58K before tax breaks on a car with the payment note that will require (I could afford it, but at the same time why spend $500-600 a month on car?)...I'd rather get a GT350 as a second card if that was the case, which would be "worth" it to me in my eyes.

5 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

Perfect! You choose the bad comments... only the bad comments. Thanks! Now I know what is wrong with the car... and is not much, at all

I guess reading comprehension is hard for some. There’s an entire paragraph in my post that says they all agree it’s a fine vehicle. No where did I or the articles say anything was wrong with the vehicle.

5 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

??  You didnt consider buying that car.... you cant do it... 

Ive been looking forward to a two door sport coupe with AWD, so that sold me (he says in jest). 

Most of the people I’ve seen complain about this would never even buy a Ford, much less a Mustang.  I’ve seen many who don’t understand that the traditional Mustang will still exist. 

I’ve seen people say “my current Mustang will be my last Mustang!” because of this  Really?  What will you buy instead?  The portly Challenger or dead-man-walking Camaro?  Like either of those are a better option for someone so “committed” to the Mustang brand. 

Edited by sullynd

59 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Ive been looking forward to a two door sport coupe with AWD, so that sold me (he says in jest). 

Most of the people I’ve seen complain about this would never even buy a Ford, much less a Mustang.  I’ve seen many who don’t understand that the traditional Mustang will still exist. 

I’ve seen people say “my current Mustang will be my last Mustang!” because of this  Really?  What will you buy instead?  The portly Challenger or dead-man-walking Camaro?  Like either of those are a better option for someone so “committed” to the Mustang brand. 

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I guess reading comprehension is hard for some. There’s an entire paragraph in my post that says they all agree it’s a fine vehicle. No where did I or the articles say anything was wrong with the vehicle.

Hey guys,

I think he might be reading posts through a translator program

33 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Hey guys,

I think he might be reading posts through a translator program

Not really.  ?  Maybe there are some who do not understand or do not read what they copy and place here. Some of the comments selected are not the best for a new vehicle...  that is all.  Read it again...

4 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

Not really.  ?  Maybe there are some who do not understand or do not read what they copy and place here. Some of the comments selected are not the best for a new vehicle...  that is all.  Read it again...

Again, if you were paying attention to this thread you would know that we were discussing the mustang name. The quotes I posted were from the articles basically saying it didn’t meet expectations of a mustang. They weren’t saying it was a bad vehicle.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

How is that possible if you didn't even drive a production vehicle-all it is projection of expectations, which is nebulous at best 

well that was kind of my point, if I were ford and just spent an entire presentation trying to justify the mustang name, I would want to make sure every writer who rode in the mach e left feeling like it was a mustang.

2 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

well that was kind of my point, if I were ford and just spent an entire presentation trying to justify the mustang name, I would want to make sure every writer who rode in the mach e left feeling like it was a mustang.

Isn't the risk in that strategy the chance that every reviews mentions "our test vehicle starts at $60K",,,,,,,,

HRG

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Trust me, Broncos is that good.....

you’ll understand when you see high series

Haha, I want to know MOREEEE

13 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think your putting too much faith in humans...not to mention the car in the Jalopnic video looked like it was a camo'd test car...and these cars aren't exactly what is indicative of what end result is. 

I think those came from the quick test loop where they sit in the car with someone driving.

10 hours ago, mnm said:

Am I wrong, but of all the pics and videos I’ve been looking at of the Mach E, the word “Mustang” isn’t anywhere on the car?  The logo yes, but not the actual word. 

I don't think so.  Mustang itself doesn't say Ford (aside from the windshield) or Mustang anywhere either (the sill plates do).

3 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

I see this $50k number tossed around a lot but the base price of this is right around 36k after the federal rebate, and could be less depending on what state you live in. While that is still a lot of money it puts it in reach of a lot more people. Yes it’s for the 230-250 range model and rwd but it’s still an impressive vehicle at that price. 

The one he wants is that price.