2020 F350

35 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

In a single cab F350, the 7.3 can be as low as $1,700 option 

10 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

yet, starting with the F250, the 7.3 is $2045. Interesting.

Assuming that the F350 already has the additional gear (coolers, front springs, etc) to handle the 7.3L that F250 lacks which would point to the $325 price difference?

The 350 has the 10R140 (6.2 and 7.3) standard while 250 has the 6R80 w/6.2 standard. 10R140 only 7.3 or Diesel with 250. So with 250 you are paying for 7.3 and 10R140 upgrade for $2045 while with 350 the 10R140 is already baked into base MSRP so $1705 for 7.3 alone if you will.

Edited by Steve557

14 minutes ago, snooter said:

I would like see a regular cab Lariet offered again....or xl or xlt offered with 2 bucket seats w/center console along with 7.3 and a short bed...sports package offered in that config on super duty would be nice...extended cabs are a suck off road...

I would love to see Sport package or LED lights offered with the Supercab, don’t have any use for a Crewcab but get stuck without a bunch of options that I would like with the Supercab.

53 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Well if the differential is anywhere from 1700 to 2000 over a Power Stroke, these things will be big sellers in 650/750-assuming they are not absolute gas hogs as the old SD 401,477, 534 were.

6.7 is definitely going to take a decent hit in 250/350 at MSRP of $10.5k vs $1700 for 7.3. Funny thing is other that the development costs to be recovered the 7.3 is probably cheaper to build than 6.2. I think I will wait a year, engine doesn’t worry me much but new transmissions worry me first year.

Edited by Steve557

• 1 month later...

who would really want a super duty without the 6.7 diesel?  You are buying a big truck to haul stuff, not a daily driver for good gas mileage.  Go buy a Prius if you want that and leave the big trucks to the big boys!

Edited by Wrexhavik
mispelled words

1 hour ago, Wrexhavik said:

who would really want a super duty without the 6.7 diesel?  You are buying a big truck to haul stuff, not a daily driver for good gas mileage.  Go buy a Prius if you want that and leave the big trucks to the big boys!

A lot of people who 1. don't tow on a regular basis but want a more stable platform and better performer for trailers less than 15,000 lbs, 2. need the extra load capacity of a SD over the F-150, 3. don't want the extra expense of the diesel are just a few reasons.

2 hours ago, Wrexhavik said:

Someone who doesnt want to spend $10,000 more for the engine.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

To be fair it's not just the engine - that price includes the upgraded tranny and other drivetrain components.

True, but the bottom line is that the diesel is $10k more than the gasser.  Actually, I think it's only $8k more than the 7.3L because the 7.3L is $2k more than the 6.2L.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

To be fair it's not just the engine - that price includes the upgraded tranny and other drivetrain components.

Last I checked the upgraded tranny comes with the 6.2 as long as you get the F350.  The F250 gets the lower trans.  Therefore it is still a $10,000+ option.

There are 2 pricing options for the 7.3, cheaper for the 7.3 upgrade if you get the F350 (6.2 to 7.3) because it already has the upgraded trans and a little more money if you get the F250 because you are now upgrading both.

Edited by blwnsmoke

9 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

Last I checked the upgraded tranny comes with the 6.2 as long as you get the F350.  The F250 gets the lower trans.  Therefore it is still a $10,000+ option.

There are 2 pricing options for the 7.3, cheaper for the 7.3 upgrade if you get the F350 (6.2 to 7.3) because it already has the upgraded trans and a little more money if you get the F250 because you are now upgrading both.

Ok looks like you get the torqshift 10r140 either way, so if the 6.7L is $10K more then that's all or mostly just the engine.  Although the driveshafts and axles might also be upgraded to handle the 1000+ lb/ft.

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

Ok looks like you get the torqshift 10r140 either way, so if the 6.7L is $10K more then that's all or mostly just the engine.  Although the driveshafts and axles might also be upgraded to handle the 1000+ lb/ft.

That I am not sure of.  I know Ford used 2 different axles but cant remember if it was F250 vs f350, 6.2 vs 6.7 or if it was f450 vs the others.  Too many variables and options in these trucks now.

I'm a huge fan of the 6.7 and lovely 2015 platinun..  but back then invoice was under $8k.  My truck is almost 6 yrs old and has 52k on it.  I'm not sure if I could justify the diesel price next time around.  It pulls our 40ft 5th wheel like it isnt there...  but to think an extra $225 a month for just the engine is a hard pill to swallow.

2 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

That I am not sure of.  I know Ford used 2 different axles but cant remember if it was F250 vs f350, 6.2 vs 6.7 or if it was f450 vs the others.  Too many variables and options in these trucks now.

I'm a huge fan of the 6.7 and lovely 2015 platinun..  but back then invoice was under $8k.  My truck is almost 6 yrs old and has 52k on it.  I'm not sure if I could justify the diesel price next time around.  It pulls our 40ft 5th wheel like it isnt there...  but to think an extra $225 a month for just the engine is a hard pill to swallow.

I guess they're counting on the guys who really want or need the diesel not questioning the price difference.   But the 7.3 looks like quite the bargain in comparison especially considering the lower operating costs.

13 hours ago, Wrexhavik said:

You would buy a 7.3 over a 6.7 IF you need the power on the occasions when you use the truck.  That is if you are not a high mileage operator  that will pay off the diesel premium on the basis of your annual mileage and its likely better mpg numbers the 6.7 is NOT a good deal for you.

There are plenty of operators in class 4-7 who load to the max on occasion but don't run a lot of miles to justify the 6.7's better mpg numbers.

Key will be just how economical is  the 7.3 in terms of fuel consumption.  Based on that low end torque it appears the 7.3 puts out, it would  seem a competent driver  will do well with it.

It like the Ecoboost question.  Some have said it should be called .."Eco or boost"  -because you can't have all that power AND economy.  I say you can-drive it with a light foot and it will lug down and pull in a higher gear at low RPM.  Want to put your foot in it?  Be prepared to see your mpg drop.

• Like 1