2020 Escape SE Sport Hybrid vs 2019 Toyota RAV4 Limited Hybrid

rperez817

Car and Driver did a head to head comparison test between Escape Hybrid and RAV4 Hybrid. RAV4 delivered better real world fuel economy (especially highway), acceleration, and cargo room. Escape had a smoother ride, less engine noise, and a lower price. The trim levels C&D compared were not aligned. The RAV4 was a Limited, the highest grade for the model. The Escape was a SE Sport, which is mid grade. Not surprisingly, the RAV4 cost more and came with more amenities.

Overall, Escape Hybrid won this comparison. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a29878756/2020-ford-escape-hybrid-vs-2019-toyota-rav4-hybrid/

ford-escape-hybrid-vs-toyota-rav4-hybrid

ford-escape-hybrid-v-toyota-rav4-hybrid-

Edited by rperez817

I will be the first to admit that I think Ford interior design is lackluster across the board, and the Escape for me grows the gap wider. I don't really understand what is happening at Ford, but the Mach E and 2021 F-150 are promising turns IMO.  I think allot of this is just waiting to get out of the Fields era.  Ford is pretty good at the switchgear and tech bolt-ons which I think is where  they prioritize their interior investment.

The highway economy isn't so good on the Escape at 32 vs 37.

I don't know, Ford has different priorities that don't always look good on the specs. 

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1