Finally put order in ...

Wanted to say thanks for all the input around here ... it really helped!

I was really torn between doing the Reserve L in Monochrome Pristine White w/Dark Slate interior OR Black Label L in Pristine White w/Chalet. I ended up going with the Black Label as I liked the interior just a touch more and liked some of the other niceties. I plan to black out all of the chrome and getting the Black Label allows me to have the black labels and lettering from the factory. Hoping to order a black grille from a Black monochromatic package rather than have it painted myself. I may try and see if I can order a gloss black roof rack that's available on the Expedition rather than wrap it in vinyl.

It was a nice touch of Lincoln to allow the black rims as a stand alone option on the Black Label as well and the pricing strategy worked with me. I was seeing a $4600 difference from the Reserve I would've ordered and the Black Label. I didn't necessarily want or need the heavy duty towing package, but oh well. My only fear with the Chalet is that the kids will destroy that light of an interior, but I guess I get some included details anyhow. The dark slate just felt like it might be a bit of a drab interior with dark tinted windows all around.

I'm thinking I probably won't get it until after the New Year and maybe more likely that it'll be mid to late January. Once again, thanks for all of the sharing and input--it really helped me make a decision.

• 2 months later...

Black grille (from factory through parts department) installed ... wrapping is a work in progress (roof rack, side mirrors, lower front fascia and rear completed) with the side chrome under the windows, lower rocker trim, door handles and chrome around the grille yet to be completed.

I did have the aftermarket Voxx RSES installed and it looks factory to my eyes ... now to see how it performs. Hope to take possession early next week and will have pics shortly thereafter. These are from the accessorizing woman from the dealer.

Nav Front.jpg

Nav Rear.jpg

Nav Side.jpg

Nav Side 2.jpg

Nav RSES.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akirby said:

We’ve had beige or light grey interiors in at least 10 vehicles and never had a problem with stains of any kind, and never had denim transfer.

Ford's WBDO (Web Based Dealer Order) system generates notices whenever a dealer orders a vehicle with a light interior about the possibility of stains, etc. 

Hi all. My car with light colored leather ("Light Stone") did sometimes get some color transfer from blue or black Levi's. Not a lot and not hard to remove with my Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner, but it did happen.

No visible color transfer issues with my darker leather interior cars.

And oddly enough, as time has passed, there does seem to be less transfer, even when new Levi jeans are introduced into the mix.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the feedback guys! I do like the interior on this Chalet theme. Super excited to get this deal done next week. I'm not looking forward to haggling over the increased customizing costs I'm expecting since my "estimates" were done however. I am getting X plan pricing so that part is what it is, but trade in is still fluid and the aforementioned customizing as well. I doubt they want to be "stuck" with this highly customized of a Navigator, but I doubt they'd struggle to sell it.

10 hours ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I do like the interior on this Chalet theme. Super excited to get this deal done next week. I'm not looking forward to haggling over the increased customizing costs I'm expecting since my "estimates" were done however. I am getting X plan pricing so that part is what it is, but trade in is still fluid and the aforementioned customizing as well. I doubt they want to be "stuck" with this highly customized of a Navigator, but I doubt they'd struggle to sell it.

They’d have no problem selling that, it’s tastefully customized, not obnoxiously customized.

Hello,

I am brand new to the forum.  I ordered a 2020 Pristine White Black Label Navigator, with Black Wheels and Yacht Club interior on 2 Feb 20. At the time of the order I was told that Black Labels receive priority.  I was also told that orders are pulled once each week on Thursdays.  So far 4 Thursdays have passed and according to me salesperson, my order has not yet been accepted.  The good thing is that my salesperson is very responsive; often updating me before I can even reach out.  But is it normal for an order to sit in the system for nearly a month before it's accepted?  This is not my first Navigator, however this is my first time actually ordering a Lincoln.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The way it works is your dealership is given a certain quota of vehicles.  Pending orders are filled to that quota each week starting with the lowest priority.   Priority 10-19 are reserved for customer orders (retail sales).  20-99 are for dealer stock.   Orders with the same priority are filled oldest first.   So it's possible yours was ordered with the wrong priority and is stuck behind other dealer stock orders or you're stuck behind other retail orders or your dealer isn't being given much allocation.   First find out your priority - if they gave you a DORA it's on there.   Then ask your dealer why your vehicle isn't being allocated (and let him know that you know the priority system).

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

The way it works is your dealership is given a certain quota of vehicles.  Pending orders are filled to that quota each week starting with the lowest priority.   Priority 10-19 are reserved for customer orders (retail sales).  20-99 are for dealer stock.   Orders with the same priority are filled oldest first.   So it's possible yours was ordered with the wrong priority and is stuck behind other dealer stock orders or you're stuck behind other retail orders or your dealer isn't being given much allocation.   First find out your priority - if they gave you a DORA it's on there.   Then ask your dealer why your vehicle isn't being allocated (and let him know that you know the priority system).

Thanks for your quick response!  I will check again with the dealership, but what's a "DORA"?

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

Ok, thx again.  The only thing that I've been told in the last 4 weeks is that the order is still pending in the system and has not yet been accepted. So it sounds to me like DORA is my next step.

3 hours ago, Black Label said:

Did you sign a "Preview Order" like I did? That is where my Priority was shown. 

My salesperson just showed me the screen and my order reads a priority of 10. I'm not sure what the hold-up is at this point. Perhaps its the OEM black wheels.. not sure. 

• Like 1