UBER Blue Windshield Lights

In the past week or so I'm coming across UBER vehicles on the road displaying blue "UBER" lights in vehicle windshields for display towards oncoming vehicles. I have no problem with UBER trying to identify their associated vehicles on the road. However, in many states, blue lights are reserved for police vehicle use only. At night, you can't tell that these vehicles are UBER vehicles until you're very close and able to read the blue UBER display. Otherwise, all you see is a blue light in the windshield and think that it's a police related vehicle.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

In the past week or so I'm coming across UBER vehicles on the road displaying blue "UBER" lights in vehicle windshields for display towards oncoming vehicles. I have no problem with UBER trying to identify their associated vehicles on the road. However, in many states, blue lights are reserved for police vehicle use only. At night, you can't tell that these vehicles are UBER vehicles until you're very close and able to read the blue UBER display. Otherwise, all you see is a blue light in the windshield and think that it's a police related vehicle.

Agreed.  Illinois is among the states that have started ticketing drivers for having the light illuminated while driving.  https://uberpeople.net/threads/more-cities-are-cracking-down-on-illegal-lights-rideshare-drivers-use.303753/

HRG

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Honda and other cars are also displaying blue lights for headlights.  I think they're factory installed. They're not as blue as police strobes, but an unsuspecting driver -- I'm thinking a woman here -- might think he's a cop if he attempts to impersonate an officer and pulls her over.  They should be outlawed.