09 Ranger is Dead

1 minute ago, akirby said:

That's a joke?

Yeah.

The new ranger looks like euro trash but it's obviously a far more capable and superior product.  But it looks like trash, so i make fun of it. Welcome to the internet. 

Honestly I think you're projecting a bit; you're doing a lot of trolling for someone who likes to accuse others of being trolls. ?

27 minutes ago, probowler said:

Honestly I think you're projecting a bit; you're doing a lot of trolling for someone who likes to accuse others of being trolls. ?

I think you need to go look up the definition of troll.   Or would you prefer negatard?

Edited by akirby

I'm no fan of Ranger, especially for it's pricing, but I'm glad we have it.  I actually think it's pretty attractive up front, not so much elsewhere.  The interior is actually nice looking, but the switchgear was obviously randomly assembled from the parts bin with very little thought put into it.  

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

Sincerely sorry to see Buckeye -  great old truck!

I get it!  Buckeye has an old 'paid for' truck that he obviously put in a great deal of effort to take great care of, and he's perfectly happy with it.  Blue book on truck is nil, but to the guy to owns it and took such great care if it - the actual $$ doesn't matter, because he has a great truck.  Truck gets wrecked, now it would be nearly impossible to replace at the value the insurance company will give you - feels pretty crappy.  You're being told to just pony up $35k+ or 5+years of payments for a new one and everything will be fine- makes you feel even more crappy, because before the truck got wrecked you didn't have an expensive problem.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Maybe, but that stinkin' Tacoma is still going strong. Any idea of Ranger numbers?

HRG

Tacoma sales 112019.JPG

Ranger sales may be stable, and I like the Ranger; but from that chart the new Ranger has NOT made anyone who planned to buy a Toyota change their mind.

49 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I'm no fan of Ranger, especially for it's pricing, but I'm glad we have it.

You summarized perfectly the main thing that matters here. Ford now offers a Ranger to American customers. I'm glad we have it too. So glad that I pre-ordered one without driving it first. :)

It's been almost half a year since my family took delivery of our 2019 Ranger XLT, which replaced a 2004 Ranger. Sure, the new Ranger is pretty crude. We all know it's a hack job of the global T6 Ranger. But it is still a very capable pickup truck, and it's the right size for our lawn care and landscaping business. I'm happy with it.

BuckeyeGoose, sorry to hear about your unexpected encounter with a Range Rover. Hopefully no one was injured, and hope you are able to find a good replacement for your Ranger soon. Best wishes sir!

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I owned 2 Rangers - a 90 and a 95 and I can't think of a single thing the old one did better.  Not one.  

I've owned 3. Current is a 99 SWB 2.5, manual.

Maintenance costs. Simplicity. Reliability. Parts availability and interchange with non-Ranger Ford vehicles. Aftermarket support. Bed access without the tailgate down. Availability of wheel base, regular cab and engine options. Fan noise. Sale price - even adjusted for inflation. Cost/value compared to contemporary F150. And last, which surprises me because it isn't a problem in Mustang, engine noise. 

Edited by YT90SC
  • Like 1

I think Ranger has settled around the 8,500/month range right now, but it's been growing slowly all year.  I think that's how many they planned to sell with only 1-shift running at the plant.  I think they could get up to 120,000 units annually if they pushed it.  That's getting pretty close to the GM Twins which are around 13K/month collectively, and they've lost ground this year if memory serves.  This isn't a huge market overall which is why it only came here with the backing of Bronco as justification.  Toyota Tacoma took decades of uninterrupted evolution to turn into the phenomenon it's become today, it's hard to judge a market's demand based on that vehicle.

Ranger sightings are still quite rare for me, although I've noticed more in the past month than I have all year.  

Edited by Assimilator