09 Ranger is Dead

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Maybe, but that stinkin' Tacoma is still going strong. Any idea of Ranger numbers?

HRG

Tacoma sales 112019.JPG

The issue is that Ford has only planned to do about 8,000 sales a month this year until the paint plant gets upgraded for Bronco 

Its all about building those higher priced sales and to displace Focus production 

there may be some rough numbers or November  in the next day or so

Edited by jpd80

28 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Ranger sightings for me are still quite rare for me, although I've noticed more in the past month than I have all year.  

They're becoming much more common here in northern Michigan.  My local dealer, which had none, or one, for most of the year, now has several in stock.  Ditto for dealers in nearby towns.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I owned 2 Rangers - a 90 and a 95 and I can't think of a single thing the old one did better.  Not one.  Styling is subjective but calling it eurotrash when it looks like every other American Ford and it was designed in Australia is ridiculous

Exactly my point.... Ford vehicles today with the exception of F-Series have all adopted European styling. Nothing about the lineup particularly screams American.  (mustang is the exception) 

As for Australia, i consider them a cultural extension of Europe, so they fall under the euro-trash umbrella. 

I remember when the ranger first released here and there was a big outcry over ford bringing over the old global ranger instead an American designed truck, but i guess we all forgot about that. 

Edited by probowler

4 minutes ago, probowler said:

Exactly my point.... Ford vehicles today with the exception of F-Series have all adopted European styling. Nothing about the lineup particularly screams American.  (mustang is the exception) 

As for Australia, i consider them a cultural extension of Europe, so they fall under the euro-trash umbrella. 

I remember when the ranger first released here and there was a big outcry over ford bringing over the old global ranger instead an American designed truck, but i guess we all forgot about that. 

OK I’ll give you that the general styling came from Europe, but it’s been here so long it’s just Ford global styling now.  I’m sure the new one will be more like F150.  

The Ranger is less European and more Asia Pacific where it was born in their design studios.  Each region has a unique design philosophy to fit their markets.  Dearborn got a crack at the Ranger for the US modification, but obviously with a limited budget.  The steel bumpers definitely give it that US Ford Pickup look which made a big difference when you compare them. But compared to an F-150, it certainly looks a little soft. 

Edited by Assimilator

Assimilator, do us all a favor and hop off your soapbox.  Your constant "I think this" is growing tiresome.  You're expressing a personal opinion which matters to one person and only one person, you.  To be frank, I really don't care what your views are on anything.  I like it when you give us program information, but your personal opinion I can do without.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Assimilator said:

I'm really hoping the US Ranger becomes a unique product handled out of Dearborn. 

Not until 2028 when the US takes it back and screws the pooch.

Dearborn is totally clueless when it comes to the needs of 180 different markets,

they are regionally insensitive and completely clueless on good RHD engineering.

So long as it's got heated cup holders and more connectivity than a beehive all will be well.

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, mackinaw said:

Assimilator, do us all a favor and hop off your soapbox.  Your constant "I think this" is growing tiresome.  You're expressing a personal opinion which matters to one person and only one person, you.  To be frank, I really don't care what your views are on anything.  I like it when you give us program information, but your personal opinion I can do without.

Sorry, I'm a package deal.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Wow!  I wonder if that big Black Friday rebate on the XLT's made the difference?

HRG

It’s the first time that Ranger sales have eclipsed Colorado but not quite covered Colorado and Canyon combined sales.

I think that Ranger inventory is now filled out allowing Ford to add incentives and encourage more sales

also big month for Expedition with over 10K sales, maybe Explorer sales at around 15K is a reflection of higher prices making Expy more attractive.. is Ford finding its sales mojo by rebalancing sales mix?

Edited by jpd80

13 hours ago, mackinaw said:

I mean.  That's the purpose of a forum...

As long as it's presented as opinion, who cares what's said.  I don't understand what the big deal is about what he said anyway?

1 hour ago, Assimilator said:

Well that explains why I suddenly notice more Rangers!  Have these charts been posted here or somewhere? 

In progress!  Stay tuned!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Assimilator said:

The Ranger is less European and more Asia Pacific where it was born in their design studios.  Each region has a unique design philosophy to fit their markets.  Dearborn got a crack at the Ranger for the US modification, but obviously with a limited budget.  The steel bumpers definitely give it that US Ford Pickup look which made a big difference when you compare them. But compared to an F-150, it certainly looks a little soft. 

Not so much a case of limited budge but one of limited time as the final MCE was done and locked in,

very little changes possible. Adding the 2.3 EB when no other global Ranger has it was a major coup

and one that gave US Ranger a rather distinct point of difference over the V6 competition.

It's most definitely a place holder but one that really sets up the next product cycle.

Edited by jpd80

17 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Not so much a case of limited budge but one of limited time as the final MCE was done and locked in,

very little changes possible. Adding the 2.3 EB when no other global Ranger has it was a major coup

and one that gave US Ranger a rather distinct point of difference over the V6 competition.

It's most definitely a place holder but one that really sets up the next product cycle.

Although fitting the 2.3 EcoBoost under the hood was one of the few major changes the US built Ranger also has an all new frame compared to ROW models. That all new frame will be used going forward for future T6 based models.

1 minute ago, 2005Explorer said:

Although fitting the 2.3 EcoBoost under the hood was one of the few major changes the US built Ranger also has an all new frame compared to ROW models. That all new frame will be used going forward for future T6 based models.

I thought the frame changes were pretty minor?

Just now, akirby said:

I thought the frame changes were pretty minor?

No. I watched a video when they first introduced it and the all new frame was a major talking point for one of the engineers. Hard points are the same, but overall the construction had a lot of modifications made. It also went fully boxed. I believe the comment was made during the video that this frame will be the basis of future T6 models. I don't remember where I saw it. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

Is it the same frame they’ll use for next gen Ranger and Bronco or did they just box the current frame and they’re doing a new one for new Ranger and Bronco?  I can’t remember.

I believe it is the frame they will use for the next gen T6 for the most part. There might be a few modifications made to the front section for the V6, but I doubt they will do anything major. I'm just going by what has been said in a few places about the new frame.

4 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

I believe it is the frame they will use for the next gen T6 for the most part. There might be a few modifications made to the front section for the V6, but I doubt they will do anything major. I'm just going by what has been said in a few places about the new frame.

I know it was discussed but I couldn’t remember the details,  Fuzzy said the current frame will hold a V6 - it’s the body that won’t fit.

• Like 1