09 Ranger is Dead

41 minutes ago, akirby said:

Is it the same frame they’ll use for next gen Ranger and Bronco or did they just box the current frame and they’re doing a new one for new Ranger and Bronco?  I can’t remember.

Everything is being reworked, the current frame is boxed but of more importance is that once you go to V engines, the crash protection package has to be fully re-evaluated as the original design and testing was limited to I-4 and I-5 engines

So while it may be a brownfield project, it’s so much more than just a combover and a repower , everything that needs to be there for the NA market is being included.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I know it was discussed but I couldn’t remember the details,  Fuzzy said the current frame will hold a V6 - it’s the body that won’t fit.

Yes I believe that is correct. The current US Ranger is the "new" T6 platform. The Bronco and 2022 or 2023 model year (whatever the redesigned model will be called) Ranger will be using the T6 platform from the current model, but with all new sheet metal and interior. Of course the Bronco will have different wheelbase.

Edited by 2005Explorer

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I know it was discussed but I couldn’t remember the details,  Fuzzy said the current frame will hold a V6 - it’s the body that won’t fit.

I'm hoping that someday Fuzzy will be able to tease us with a picture of a V6 mounted between the frame rails going down the line at MAP,,,,,,,

HRG

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Theoretically if someone were to get creative you can probably get a V6 into a Ranger, but you're not doing it by dropping the body onto the frame. It would have to go in from the top side and that won't work with mass production. 

Same issue they had trying to put a modular V8 into Lincoln LS and Ford Thunderbird.  Wouldn’t fit from the bottom.