• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Bob Rosadini

instrument panel lights-04 Ranger

Question

Well guys, took the Ranger out yesterday and noticed the dash lights that cover two center gauges are out and the speedo looks like that light is out as well.  Before I get frustrated in my old age, any suggestions on best way to access these lights?

And by the way, the old girl is in the attached shot next to my youngest sons new Lariat.  I just gave it a quick drive and I have to say very impressive.  This guy by the way bought my Ranger new and when they had their first child, he decided it was no longer a practical second vehicle- so I bought it at an inflated price-maybe I'll get that chance again😎

Well-shame on me-another problem-can't upload because exceeds 10MB.  Just a Iphone picture-what could be smaller???

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Well guys, took the Ranger out yesterday and noticed the dash lights that cover two center gauges are out and the speedo looks like that light is out as well.  Before I get frustrated in my old age, any suggestions on best way to access these lights?

Make sure you do a trans flush.....lol (right @YT90SC??)

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Make sure you do a trans flush.....lol (right @YT90SC??)

Again with this? LOL

The surround for the radio comes off  (2) 7mm screws and it pulls out. REmove (2) 7mm screws that hold the hood release cable to the dash. Remove (2) or (3?) 7mm screws that hold the knee bolster finish panel to the dash. it then pull straight out from dash. The knee bolster itself is held on with (4 or 5) 8 mm bolts. Remove it. There are two 7mm screws that hold the hidden part of the cluster finish panel to the dash and 2 or 3 that run up in the black part of the same finish panel. If it is an auto, remove the indicator cable from the column. Place the steering column in its lowest adjustment and move shifter (if auto) to manual low. (will need to chock wheels and set parking brake). Pull the cluster finish panel straight out from dash. Then there are (4) more 7mm screws that hold the cluster to the dash. Should be 5 or 6 illumination bulbs. Think they are 194 bulbs, but it has been a while. 

2 hours ago, YT90SC said:

Again with this? LOL

The surround for the radio comes off  (2) 7mm screws and it pulls out. REmove (2) 7mm screws that hold the hood release cable to the dash. Remove (2) or (3?) 7mm screws that hold the knee bolster finish panel to the dash. it then pull straight out from dash. The knee bolster itself is held on with (4 or 5) 8 mm bolts. Remove it. There are two 7mm screws that hold the hidden part of the cluster finish panel to the dash and 2 or 3 that run up in the black part of the same finish panel. If it is an auto, remove the indicator cable from the column. Place the steering column in its lowest adjustment and move shifter (if auto) to manual low. (will need to chock wheels and set parking brake). Pull the cluster finish panel straight out from dash. Then there are (4) more 7mm screws that hold the cluster to the dash. Should be 5 or 6 illumination bulbs. Think they are 194 bulbs, but it has been a while. 

thx-I think I know when my chain is being pulled😜

5 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

In any case did you see  my  comment on the shift issue???

8 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Just havin' a little fun with @YT90SC....all in good spirit.