2019 F150 Powerstroke Transmission issues

rrenneka

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought a 2019 F150 Diesel and on my way home from the dealer( Gilbert Ford in Okeechobee FL), the truck threw a wrench code after driving less than 10 miles. I live about 80 miles from the dealership and I drove up there because they had the truck on the lot that I wanted. I called the salesman and told him the issue and he told me to go ahead and drive it that it may have a few little glitches early on as it learns my driving style. I accepted that and drove home. By the time I got home, the check engine light was also on. I parked it for the night and left it sit in the driveway. The next day, I started it up and drove around the block. All the lights were out and everything seemed fine. I though this was great. Maybe it went through an update or something and now its all good. A few days later I took off to my sons house about 2 hours from me. The truck threw the wrench code after I drove about 10 miles. I continued driving. By the time I got to my sons house, it had the wrench, a wrench with a couple gears, and the check engine light all illuminated. It ran fine the whole way with the exception of the hard shift when it goes into reduced power mode. I called the dealership and of course, the service department was closed because it was Saturday. My son has a scanner and we hooked it up to the truck to read the code and the only code it had was P0960 Solenoid A malfunction. I called the dealer on Monday and ended up taking it there for them to work on it. It has been there now for 7 days. I spoke to the shop foreman today and he told me they have a transmission control module on order for the truck but it is currently on back-order. I told him the code it was showing was for a solenoid inside the transmission. I dont think the TCM will fix the problem especially because it doesn't throw codes until you have driven it for about 10 miles and it is up to temperature. He told me they had issues with my truck before I purchased it. It threw the same code and they replaced the "A" solenoid and even the wiring harness in the transmission. They ohmed everything and it all showed ok. They drove it and thought it was fixed. But, of coarse, its not.  Does anyone have any ideas on this thing? It appears the dealership is kind of struggling and Im loosing faith. I haven't heard any bad things about the 10 speed with the diesel.

I need to clarify that I dont think the dealership is incompetent. I think they are doing a fantastic job trying to fix my issues. I really like all the people at Gilbert Ford. I am just hoping that maybe someone else experienced the same thing and I can give them a heads up with a possible fix. 

Edited by rrenneka

Update, 

After waiting another week, the TCM finally arrived at the dealership. Mechanic installed and......................it did NOT fix the problem. Is anyone surprised?  Not me. 

Now, please comment on what may be the problem. The dealership told me to call back on Monday. That will be day 14.