2020 corvette price is a loss leader

fordtech1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

GM's stock was at $40/share in 2007 while they were losing money left and right and less than a year away from bankruptcy.   Tesla hasn't come close to a full year profit nor do they have any real plan to get there yet their stock price is $329.  

Stock prices have almost nothing to do with a company's financial health and long term viability and everything to do with short term gains and public popularity/trendiness.

The market is truly a strange and wondrous place. 

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

I'll keep buying Ford stock at a (fairly) guaranteed rate of 6+% thanks.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing too. Whenever it gets near $8.50 I buy some with its nearly 7% divided payout. I'm treating it like a high-yield bond investment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rperez817 said:

C8 Corvette is now sold out for the 2020 model year, "loss leader" or not. https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-chevrolet-c8-corvette-sold-production-even-begins/

Just like the 250k preorders for the cyber truck...  Sold out means nothing till all vehicles are built, delivered and sold.  Anybody can back out for any reason and guess what, as soon as one person does, it is no longer "sold out".  See how that works?  Regardless of manufacturer, these types of articles are just stupid, they mean nothing.

Edited by blwnsmoke

• 1 month later...