Aviator GT MPG

alpha1847

I have been anxiously awaiting the official ratings, but even though there is still nothing posted on the official EPA site, the online configuration tool is now quoting an impossibly high rating of 30/34!

https://shop.lincoln.com/lab/aviator/#/select/

I don't see any way that could be accurate, but you have to wonder how a typo could get this far.  

Then again, maybe they worked in a few, unadvertised GT-specific powertrain tweaks like dynamic cylinder deactivation (actually, why does Ford seem so disinterested in this tech?), electric cam phasers that allow on-demand Atkinson cycle, etc (kidding - too big of a gap to close).  Other than the taller axle ratio that comes with the GT, which might marginally help the highway number, I don't see any way this is possible.

The actual ratings are on the released window stickers for GT orders with "in production" status, mustangchief posted his window sticker in his Grand Touring Sticker thread.  The GT EPA Ratings are: Gasoline only - 23 MPG combined;  Electric + Gas - 56 MPGe combined (with 2.6 hour charge @ 240V);  Electric range - 21 miles;  Total range - 460  miles;  Annual fuel cost - $1500 based on 15000 miles @ $2.70 per Gallon and $0.13 per KW-hr.

Edited by CoolScoop

21 mile range is a bit better than expected.  We are nearing the end of our lease on our 2016 XC90 T8 PHEV.  I was really hoping the GT would be an option, but it looks like it won't be available in time for us.  This makes me want it more.  Our 2016 only had a range of 12 miles and it's usually less in the real world.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:44 PM, alpha1847 said:

I have been anxiously awaiting the official ratings, but even though there is still nothing posted on the official EPA site, the online configuration tool is now quoting an impossibly high rating of 30/34!

https://shop.lincoln.com/lab/aviator/#/select/

I don't see any way that could be accurate, but you have to wonder how a typo could get this far.  

Then again, maybe they worked in a few, unadvertised GT-specific powertrain tweaks like dynamic cylinder deactivation (actually, why does Ford seem so disinterested in this tech?), electric cam phasers that allow on-demand Atkinson cycle, etc (kidding - too big of a gap to close).  Other than the taller axle ratio that comes with the GT, which might marginally help the highway number, I don't see any way this is possible.

The official numbers came up on the EPA site today  (regular gas) 22 City 23 Combined 25 Highway,   56MPGe,   (Hybrid) 30 City/ 34 Highway

image.thumb.png.496f65eeed6b5735a871d1fc33548aca.png

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

A few days ago, the Lincoln Build and Price site showed the 30/34 numbers, it's now down to 18/26.

The smaller screenshot is from the earlier webpage.

Thanks... it seems to be back to 30/34 now, but 18/26 sounds about right for gas only.  Neither of these sets of numbers appear on the epa site, I'm confused!!

Edited by CoolScoop

Just checked the Lincoln site link in the OP again... it first comes up showing 18/26 for all models, both gas and hybrid, which doesnt make any sense. But after refreshing the page it goes to what I assume are the correct numbers, with 30/34 for the the GT when driven as a regular hybrid instead of a phev, but driving as a regular hybrid isn't listed on the epa site.

Edited by CoolScoop