The Transit cutaway apparently has AWD. Isn't this a pretty huge deal?

6 hours ago, 92merc said:

The one thing I'd like to see is the new 3.0 diesel in the Transit cut-aways.  I think that would work really well for the motorhome market.  Better than the old 3.2 does.

Do any motor homes actually use the Transit over the E-Series? I can’t think of much in the way of advantages it would have.

4 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

Those thing have enough trouble with their U-joints!

Guibos. They have issues with Guibos. Assuming they are done with them in the new units, but hard to say. They are using them in the new Explorer. Apparently didn't learn their lesson there, so who knows? 

22 minutes ago, YT90SC said:

Guibos. They have issues with Guibos. Assuming they are done with them in the new units, but hard to say. They are using them in the new Explorer. Apparently didn't learn their lesson there, so who knows? 

Mercedes and other brands use them also...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YT90SC said:

They used them on DEW98, and they didn't present a problem there. Maybe IRS vs live axle makes the difference.

14 hours ago, Steve557 said:

Do any motor homes actually use the Transit over the E-Series? I can’t think of much in the way of advantages it would have.

There are quite a few.  They are basically a B class, or B+ class model.  Winnebago has the Fuse.  There are a few more I can't recall the names of.