2019 Nav. inside door panel removal

WOODEYE

I just got my Navigator and before the salt here in WI has a chance get a start I'd like to rust proof my doors, rockers, fender, etc..

Before I drill any holes in the doors and spray anything inside I'd like to see what's in there that I could screw up. 

I really don't want to wreck the door panel taking it off. So I'm looking for some guidance on how to remove it safely.

Is anyone aware of any videos or step by step instructions. I did a couple of searches but all I get is stuff for pre 2017 cars and even at that they weren't very descriptive.

Thanks Jeff

24 minutes ago, WOODEYE said:

I just got my Navigator and before the salt here in WI has a chance get a start I'd like to rust proof my doors, rockers, fender, etc..

Before I drill any holes in the doors and spray anything inside I'd like to see what's in there that I could screw up. 

I really don't want to wreck the door panel taking it off. So I'm looking for some guidance on how to remove it safely.

Is anyone aware of any videos or step by step instructions. I did a couple of searches but all I get is stuff for pre 2017 cars and even at that they weren't very descriptive.

Thanks Jeff

Hi Jeff: Just some advice: If you wish to "rust proof" the fenders, rocker panels, body underside etc, go ahead. However, trying to "rustproof" the inside of the doors will likely cause more issues than it might prevent. My recommendation would be not to.

I am sure others will jump in with more advice and opinions, so good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• 5 months later...