Mustang Mach 1 coming back in 2021?

I find it amusing that CJ Pony Parts was the only outlet to report on this and for a couple of weeks, no-one else took notice. Then, I assume a blacked out Expedition pulled up outside CJPP and asked them to remove their video........and since that happened, this story has now been reported by a number of outlets in the last few days!

The hybrid makes sense. And I've mentioned before calling the V8+Electric assist car Mach 1 ties in with using Mach E as the all electric "Mustang".

However, I think this is more likely going to be a "Bullitt +". Hopefully they can squeeze a few more horses that the Bullitt's 480......and CJPP did indicate it'll use the GT350's Tremec 6-speed manual. I do hope they also give the option of a re-tuned 10-speed auto though. Add in some more PP2/GT350 suspension goodies and it should be a superb car.

9 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

I find it amusing that CJ Pony Parts was the only outlet to report on this and for a couple of weeks, no-one else took notice. Then, I assume a blacked out Expedition pulled up outside CJPP and asked them to remove their video........and since that happened, this story has now been reported by a number of outlets in the last few days!

The hybrid makes sense. And I've mentioned before calling the V8+Electric assist car Mach 1 ties in with using Mach E as the all electric "Mustang".

However, I think this is more likely going to be a "Bullitt +". Hopefully they can squeeze a few more horses that the Bullitt's 480......and CJPP did indicate it'll use the GT350's Tremec 6-speed manual. I do hope they also give the option of a re-tuned 10-speed auto though. Add in some more PP2/GT350 suspension goodies and it should be a superb car.

I seem to remember that the GT350 was something like a five year deal, so making way to the GT500 makes sense.

Bullitt tends to be a model with a time limit  rather than production build number limit, so it may give way to another

special next year.  The 5.0 V8 hybrid is coming and will probably use the hybrid version of the 10-speed auto which

in turn leaves the door open for another manual trans Mustang with PP2 suspension...heck, they may just take the 

GT350 Mustang car package and add a 480 - 500 HP cross plane production engine.

For sure there are lots of choices open to Ford here 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

I'd love it to use a cpc 5.2 n/a engine......effectively a normally aspirated Predator engine from the GT500. They have the 5.2 cpc "Aluminator" crate engine, afterall......

The previous '03/'04 Mach 1 used, effectively, a n/a version of the Cobra motor....

Or how the 444 hp Boss 302  in 2012/13 gave way to the 435 hp 5.0 GT in ....

The breed gets better, forcing more performance out of the next MCE...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Autoblog have also reported on the Mach 1

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/16/ford-mustang-mach-1-rumors/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016&fbclid=IwAR3WSyxX3DP1tpYZ2p_RL88QaMZhjODVeWe47sxmvcP3JiVyAJHss2Itr1g

However.....they seem to think the next-gen Mustang is coming in 2021 (they don't indicate calendar year or model year) and the Mach 1 may be based on this. I don't think so though....I think Mach 1 will be a last hurrah for S550 NOT S650.....

"The next-generation pony car arrives in 2021 on its new modular platform
Since the original Mach 1 is known for its black shaker hood and scoop, black side stripes, black rear spoiler, and Magnum 500 wheels, we can expect modern renderings of those cosmetics should a 2021 Mustang Mach 1 arrive. And with the new Mustang's modular platform, it's possible such a car could be the first Mach 1 to offer all-wheel drive."

17 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Since the original Mach 1 is known for its black shaker hood and scoop, black side stripes, black rear spoiler, and Magnum 500 wheels, we can expect modern renderings of those cosmetics should a 2021 Mustang Mach 1 arrive. 

Plus basket weave leather seats!

• Like 1