Ranger Sales Grow

48 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Lol I can't even find the bed delete on the online configurator. Could be that I'm just tired after working all night though. 

Fuzzy,

I'm not sure the bed delete option has ever been shown in the online configurator.   Do you remember being able to choose it?

HRG

16 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

It does not specify Fleet Only in the Order Guide, like it does for other fleet-only options.

HRG

The Supercab 6' bed delete option only appears on the Ford fleet website,

you may have to go through Ford fleet to get it as it's technically a chassis cab commercial vehicle.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:47 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

How about chassis cabs? Is there much interest from what you can tell and how hard is it to get one scheduled? I can only recall seeing a handful come through since I moved over to body shop in April. 

The Pick Up Box Delete is included and only available on the SuperCab XL 4x2 (Body Code = R1A) and the only Rangers we've stocked so far are 4x4's and no potential customers have inquired about the 4x2 chassis cab version. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For them being out for nearly a year now, we've seen maybe a dozen in southeastern Pa which is a fairly populated area (Philly 'burbs).  In the past month, I'm actually seeing one every week or two in different parts of my 90 mile commute.  Looks like they're starting to show up.  

With that said, my local dealer had 6-7 in stock.  We wanted to order vs. take stock but they tried.  One XL, one Lariat, and the rest were XLT's.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:40 PM, jpd80 said:

I’d imagine that there’s not a lot of call for the Ranger 4x2 in any configuration, so even less for a chassis cab supercab

All we ever bought was the 4×2 manual ....the xl's did fine...the short bed is about useless for hauling anything but groceries...my brother still drives his red '11 ranger single cab short bed xlt...no doubt small market but some just want a cheapo small truck that looked decent..tick a few options and you had a very nice ride for not a lot of coin...a six manual would have greatly enhanced those early rangers...

I stand corrected on 4x2 Ranger national dealer stock, around a third is in fact 2WD Rangers

and of that 7,000, around 5,300 of them are crew cabs, the rest of course are super cabs.

of the 1700 4x2 supercabs, around 740 are base XLs, so they do have affordable Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...