Sign in to follow this  
autoworker2

Lima Engine Layoffs

A couple months back, 24 senior employees took a inverse TLO. They were to be back 12/9. Instead, they layed off 70 more due to be back in March. I believe some of the original 24 came back, but not all. 

3 hours ago, Fatso said:

I dont like to  place myself on layoff

I never did either. The plot thickens. Today, management came around with a "Special Temporary Layoff Election Card". There is a mutual agreement between the Company and the Union to have a special one-time work election period from 12/6 to 12/13/2019. You can opt to work or take the inverse. I didn't fill one out because I'm leaving in February. I would have ask a comitteman, but they're never on the floor unless you call them. I got a feeling more layoffs are on the way.

If you agree to the inverse seniority lay-off are you also given a call-back date?Is the date in writing?Is it worth the risk?How long are you ready to stay out?I mean for some its like a vacation.Here is a tip.If you do go out and an Unemployment Office recording,asks you, "are you looking for work?" always say YES.I had a call back date and so I said NO one time.The recording then says "report to the unemployment office immediately" and hangs up.I had to walk in and explain myself.

Edited by Fatso

4 hours ago, Fatso said:

vacation.Here is a tip.If you do go out and an Unemployment Office recording,asks you, "are you looking for work?" always say YES.I had a call back date and so I said NO one time.The recording then says "report to the unemployment office immediately" and hangs up.I had to walk in and explain myself.

Edited 3 hours ago by Fatso

Rookie lol