Chevy Silverado Single Cab Trucks Could Return Due to Customer Demand: Report

probowler

49 minutes ago, probowler said:

I don't understand this quote " if Chevrolet can find a way to edge out their rivals at Ford and Ram by offering a class-exclusive model "

I can go to build & price and build a reg cab 6-1/2' box F150 right now.  Do they mean using the 5-1/2' box?  The link to the Saudi version does not seem that short.

HRG

Chev Reg cab Short box.JPG

https _s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com_the-drive-cms-content-staging_message-editor%2F1565707918535-2019-chevrolet-silverdao-70.jpg

Edited by HotRunrGuy

4 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I don't understand this quote " if Chevrolet can find a way to edge out their rivals at Ford and Ram by offering a class-exclusive model "

I can go to build & price and build a reg cab 6-1/2' box F150 right now.  Do they mean using the 5-1/2' box?  The link to the Saudi version does not seem that short.

HRG

Chev Reg cab Short box.JPG

https _s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com_the-drive-cms-content-staging_message-editor%2F1565707918535-2019-chevrolet-silverdao-70.jpg

You can't do it in the highest trims though 

1 hour ago, AGR said:

If you're willing to do without leather seats and a few other things, you can still get a well-equipped XLT regular cab short box. 

GM seems to think there's a market (even if it's a niche one) for that configuration in a premium trim. If they make it work, more power to them. Ford and RAM will probably follow suit if it works. 

28 minutes ago, fordtech1 said:

Although they weren’t the highest trims. The 2014 regular cab tremor wasn’t a big hit. It was loaded like a lariat fx4 with an appearance package. 
I have a crew cab of that truck. IIRC the price on the tremor wasn’t far off from mine. 

B53C5486-D519-4266-A632-5292376881AF.jpeg

Honestly have never been a fan of that generation, and even in this configuration it doesn't look much better. Combine that with the already low popularity of single cabs and I'm not surprised. It's probably hard to justify a 30k 3-seat truck today, and the people that can afford that probably have families they need seats for.

Edited by probowler

42 minutes ago, probowler said:

Honestly have never been a fan of that generation, and even in this configuration it doesn't look much better. Combine that with the already low popularity of single cabs and I'm not surprised. It's probably hard to justify a 30k 3-seat truck today, and the people that can afford that probably have families they need seats for.

One item that I have to consider is overall length. There is no way I could fit a 232" F150 SCab/6.5' in my garage, without losing a lot of storage. So, since I have 2nd vehicle when I need seats, it's a choice between a 211" Ranger, or a 209" F150 Reg Cab/6.5' .

Or, like I've already had quoted, a F150 SCab shortened to fit the 5.5' box (which is available as a Raptor).

Sometimes, length matters,,,,,

HRG

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

One item that I have to consider is overall length. There is no way I could fit a 232" F150 SCab/6.5' in my garage, without losing a lot of storage. So, since I have 2nd vehicle when I need seats, it's a choice between a 211" Ranger, or a 209" F150 Reg Cab/6.5' .

Or, like I've already had quoted, a F150 SCab shortened to fit the 5.5' box (which is available as a Raptor).

Sometimes, length matters,,,,,

HRG

I agree.....would love a supercab F-150 with a 5.5" box.....but don't need/can't afford a Raptor.

Yeah, I forgot about the garage factor. That certainly makes sense. 

I wonder if it's possible to design a single frame that can accomidate short and long beds without modification?  That would be a really cool feature.  It would be neat for owners too who might buy one truck and them one day find a new or used bed in the other size to swap out.  It's always nice to have options.

7 hours ago, akirby said:

I just put 4 pool noodles on the garage wall and bump into them when I park my 6.5" Scab.  That leaves me about 3" clearance from the garage door........

With the loaner Fusion (192") we've had for the last couple weeks, here's all the room we have left to walk past it. Her Escape fit much better.

I hate these new garages,,,,,

HRG

Fusion in garage.jpg

5 hours ago, snooter said:

Color me surprised....power wagon, trex and tremor could all benefit from single cabs...f350 single cab laramie and im pushing cash across the table

I used the configurator to build an RC Long bed F350 FX4 AWD 7.3 V8 and that was close to $50K without any discounts.

If Ford was to build a short bed Regular Cab Lariat F350, I think it would be closer to $60K by the time it was optioned out.

10 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I used the configurator to build an RC Long bed F350 FX4 AWD 7.3 V8 and that was close to $50K without any discounts.

If Ford was to build a short bed Regular Cab Lariat F350, I think it would be closer to $60K by the time it was optioned out.

I would take RC long bed lariet with 2 blk buckets and center console with fx4 and 7.3 for 50k right now...many of us do not need the other crap options ford thinks we do...