F is up 2-1/2% today

59 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

I wonder why Ford is suddenly doing good in the stock market today. I don't know much about stocks so don't even take the risk of investing in it.

Part of broader uptick for a lot U.S. company stocks today. It has a lot to do with investor optimism about the trade wars between U.S. and China being resolved soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As much as a "fan boy" I am with Fords, I can tell you how much money I have made by NOT having their stock. Sadly, I know...Just like when I worked for Federated Dept Stores, and Limited Corp, they would "match" So I would buy a whole bunch and transfer to something that WOULD make money. I wish Ford well, in that regard.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

As much as a "fan boy" I am with Fords, I can tell you how much money I have made by NOT having their stock. Sadly, I know...Just like when I worked for Federated Dept Stores, and Limited Corp, they would "match" So I would buy a whole bunch and transfer to something that WOULD make money. I wish Ford well, in that regard.

Meh I didn't put much into it and just use the dividends to buy more....

8 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

As much as a "fan boy" I am with Fords, I can tell you how much money I have made by NOT having their stock. 

Smart move ANTAUS sir not investing in individual company stocks like Ford, Federated, and Limited.

Index mutual funds and ETFs are a better choice for consumers long term, that's what my family and I do for investing. It's too difficult for most non-finance people to pick the best performing stocks over and over for a decade or more. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Smart move ANTAUS sir not investing in individual company stocks like Ford, Federated, and Limited.

Index mutual funds and ETFs are a better choice for consumers long term, that's what my family and I do for investing. It's too difficult for most non-finance people to pick the best performing stocks over and over for a decade or more. 

I guess you don't know what dividends are.  Ford pays a nice one.  They're a big part of my yearly income.

8 hours ago, mackinaw said:

I guess you don't know what dividends are.  Ford pays a nice one.  They're a big part of my yearly income.

What is the annualized return for F over the past 5 years?

Lots of index funds and ETFs pay dividends, and deliver much better annualized returns than F. Also consider a REIT ETF like VNQ or IYR. Good combination of annualized return, dividend yield, and expense ratio.