Help on MIA Aviator

Wolfepack88

Folks I ordered a Black Label Aviator on July 29th and it was built on November 21st.    This is what I can see (down below) by running that search that was posted elsewhere.  Does anyone have an ability to tell me when if ever I'm going to see this vehicle or anything more that may be helpful as to its fate?  My dealer's rep said to them they should look for another vehicle for me from elsewhere.  This was my first attempt back to an American car since 1990 and seems to be an epic failure.  I've factory ordered every car since 1993 from Benz, BMW and Audi with several being first model runs and never have any of them taken this long with most shipping from Germany.  I'm at a loss.  Concierge could give me zippo and had the same info I have below.  Any help would be appreciated.  

VIN # 5LM5J9XC6LGL12609

"productionDate":"2019-11-21","shipmentDate":"","transitDate":""
"status":"Sent Offsite","primaryStatus":"In Production" 

I haven’t got anything constructive to offer but to say I feel your pain. I ordered mine on June 28 and it was built September 20.  Until earlier this week the status showed Origin Received; In Production, and now it has changed from Released; Awaiting Shipment to Received; Awaiting Shipment. Lincoln told me the looooong delay was due to the rear seat recall, but the recall still in outstanding according to the Lincoln website. Clearly a lie. 

All of this to say, try to manage your frustration as best you can. And also realize that your dealer is likely just as frustrated as you are. 

I’m just trying to stay positive that mine will be worth the wait quality-wise!!

Similar issue, Black Label Aviator built 12/6 and quickly went to 

"status":"Origin Received"
"primaryStatus":"In Production"

looks like the only difference is that I have an etaEndDate of 2019-12-22 which can't possibly be true as shipmentDate and transitDate are blank.  Concierge has been no help and just concurs with what I tell them I see.   I too have special ordered cars from Germany and received them in under 90 days.  Going on 97 days with the Aviator.

2 hours ago, balt2144 said:

Similar issue, Black Label Aviator built 12/6 and quickly went to 

"status":"Origin Received"

looks like the only difference is that I have an etaEndDate of 2019-12-22 which can't possibly be true as shipmentDate and transitDate are blank.  Concierge has been no help and just concurs with what I tell them I see.   I too have special ordered cars from Germany and received them in under 90 days.  Going on 97 days with the Aviator.

I have the same eta end date as yours with a 12/5 produced date... so it looks like we're in the same boat, lol !  12/22 is still possible, especially if shipped by convoy.  The other dates should fill in when it's shipped. Is your Black Label also a Grand Touring?  

Edited by CoolScoop

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

I have the same eta end date as yours with a 12/5 produced date... so it looks like we're in the same boat, lol !  12/22 is still possible, especially if shipped by convoy.  The other dates should fill in when it's shipped. Is your Black Label also a Grand Touring?  

Not Grand Touring, but with all other features except Lincoln Play.  Burgundy Velvet with Mahogany Red.  I told my wife that if this doesn't work out, it's time to get our next vehicle now - F350 Tremor.  We were going to wait a while longer, but maybe this situation is telling us to go ahead with the truck now.  We just needed something lower to the ground for her mother for next year or two, but would just get a cheap / used sedan for taking her to doctors.  She's 97.

3 hours ago, balt2144 said:

Progress overnight...

"status":"Returned from Offsite"

It never did show as "Sent Offsite".  Also the etaEndDate is now 1990-01-01 where it was 12/22.

So yours updated sometime last night?  Mine is still Origin Recieved... so it was most likely sent offsite also.  It did show Produced for four days until changing to Origin Recieved... so it must have been sent to a storage lot to wait it's turn to line up at the ramp for shipping.  But that's just a guess, it doesn't seem like anyone knows what's really going on with these unusual status updates... especially unusual for current builds.

Edited by CoolScoop

On 12/14/2019 at 1:00 PM, CoolScoop said:

See Mustangchief's Dec 8 post in the Aviator GT Order thread...

Thanks, I read that, but what's confusing me is that the other dates on the report are blank other than production date.  You guys seem to have dates for the other fields which I assume is better than my blanks.    

receiptDate":"2019-07-29","etaEndDate":"1990-01-01","productionDate":"2019-11-21","shipmentDate":"","transitDate":"",
"make":"Lincoln","year":"2020","model":"Aviator","groupOrderType":"Retail (222R) (OBC8S)",
"trim":"Black Label","vehicleLineDescription":"Aviator",
"market":"USA","status":"Sent Offsite","primaryStatus":"In Production"

3 minutes ago, Wolfepack88 said:

Thanks, I read that, but what's confusing me is that the other dates on the report are blank other than production date.  You guys seem to have dates for the other fields which I assume is better than my blanks.    

receiptDate":"2019-07-29","etaEndDate":"1990-01-01","productionDate":"2019-11-21","shipmentDate":"","transitDate":"",
"make":"Lincoln","year":"2020","model":"Aviator","groupOrderType":"Retail (222R) (OBC8S)",
"trim":"Black Label","vehicleLineDescription":"Aviator",
"market":"USA","status":"Sent Offsite","primaryStatus":"In Production"

Mine is almost identical except Returned from Offsite:

receiptDate":"2019-09-07","etaEndDate":"1990-01-01","productionDate":"2019-12-06","shipmentDate":"","transitDate":"","make":"Lincoln","year":"2020","model":"Aviator","groupOrderType":"Retail (222R) (OBC8S)","trim":"Black Label","vehicleLineDescription":"Aviator","market":"USA","status":"Returned from Offsite","primaryStatus":"In Production"

Also keep in mind, when you go to the site to get the info, it depends on which server you hit.  It appears that they have multiple servers providing the data and some have stale data / are not refreshed as often.  I can look 10 times in an hour and get 10 different results.  Some show Sent Offsite while others show Returned from Offsite.  Just more of the frustration in dealing with Lincoln, their tracking process and their Concierge.  We recently special ordered a 2020 Ford Escape, and I was able to watch the status through production and delivery to the dealer, very clearly / accurately.  I can't imagine why Lincoln can't share the same process as Ford.

54 minutes ago, balt2144 said:

I can't imagine why Lincoln can't share the same process as Ford.

Should be a no brainer... Ford already has the site set up, so why not share it with Lincolns that come off the exact same lines!! The eta end date will show 1990 until status changes to Produced, if sent offsite that won't happen until after it returns.  Shipment and transit dates won't fill in until its released and awaiting shipment.

Edited by CoolScoop

So with a build date of 12/6, long after Lincoln was to have corrected all production line issues, mine has definitely gone offsite.  Concierge says, "undergoing extra quality controls".  

My dealer called me last night and they placed a duplicate order, as they are not comfortable with the situation either.  Also will give me another car to use until it comes in, once I turn my Mercedes lease back in.  Awesome dealer, this will be our third car purchased from them, with definitive plans for another in 2 years .

Similar issue here. For those of us that are still waiting. We need to stop playing ourselves. These dates are just placeholders because they keep changing. Mine had an original shipment date of 12/9. Mind you, I'm IN CHICAGO and my dealer is only 1hr away from the plant where it was built. Of course, I'm thinking at the very latest, I should have it by 12/12-12/13. Apparently the 18 wheeler that was delivering my truck "broke down" and they needed to send out a replacement truck. For whatever reason, it takes 2wks for them to find another truck to pick mine up because my end date has changed from 12/17 to 12/22. LMFAOOOOOO!!!!! This is all a joke. These dates are placeholders and are honestly just automated. I ordered 5+ months ago. I'd be surprised if at this point my truck was actually even built. I'm not believing anyone or anything until I'm actually DRIVING OFF THE LOT! #Period

3 hours ago, prodigy07 said:

Similar issue here. For those of us that are still waiting. We need to stop playing ourselves. These dates are just placeholders because they keep changing. Mine had an original shipment date of 12/9. Mind you, I'm IN CHICAGO and my dealer is only 1hr away from the plant where it was built. Of course, I'm thinking at the very latest, I should have it by 12/12-12/13. Apparently the 18 wheeler that was delivering my truck "broke down" and they needed to send out a replacement truck. For whatever reason, it takes 2wks for them to find another truck to pick mine up because my end date has changed from 12/17 to 12/22. LMFAOOOOOO!!!!! This is all a joke. These dates are placeholders and are honestly just automated. I ordered 5+ months ago. I'd be surprised if at this point my truck was actually even built. I'm not believing anyone or anything until I'm actually DRIVING OFF THE LOT! #Period

Similar situation here. My original ETA was October 13.  Never shipped until recently. New ETA January 5.  That’s 6 months and 1 week but like you I’ll believe it when I see it. 

• 2 weeks later...

good morning everyone,

can someone help me decipher the visibility report that I got from my dealer.  I ordered our aviator 30 Sep and the primary status says "in production" secondary says "sent to plant" and the status date is 16 Dec.   I thought it takes about a day for a car to be put together once it hits production?   

IMG_2006.JPG