CURRENT production Aviators STILL with MAJOR body panel alignment issues

Lorac

• 2 weeks later...

I had to have my rear gate adjusted the week after delivery.

That being said, I think the mis-aligned panels on the Aviator are mostly misperceived.

I have had several body panel's on my Aviator fool me. What I think is a misalignment in a panel, is matched on the other side. I see trim pieces that come in to

the metal panels at an angle, giving the appearance of misalignment, but go around to the other side of the vehicle and it's exactly the same.

There are lots of places on the Aviator like this, it seems to be designed that way.

The Aviator is a gem.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I purchased a 2020 Lincoln Aviator back in December 2019 as well and my front driver/passenger doors were out alignment, my front hood is out of alignment and won’t sit flush on either end. The dealership has had issues with adjusting it, if it fits flush on the right, it sits off on the left. My gas tank lid isn’t flush nor doesn’t lock (not sure if it’s supposed to), and my trunk door has issues opening/closing and periodically alarm will go off. 

I’ve reached out to the dealership and they’ve been trying to address these issues but it’s one thing after another. The hood is still not flush and the dealership has marked it up as a design flaw because anytime you close the hood, it bumps the top bumper and scratches the paint. 

I’ve reached out to Lincoln head office with them just mediating with the dealership to fix these issues.  For this price tag and having such issues is disappointing and not sure what my options are at this point. 

I’m based out of Vancouver, Canada. 

Any thoughts, suggestions?

I purchased a 2020 Lincoln Aviator back in December 2019 as well and my front driver/passenger doors were out alignment, my front hood is out of alignment and won’t sit flush on either end. The dealership has had issues with adjusting it, if it fits flush on the right, it sits off on the left. My gas tank lid isn’t flush nor doesn’t lock (not sure if it’s supposed to), and my trunk door has issues opening/closing and periodically alarm will go off. 

I’ve reached out to the dealership and they’ve been trying to address these issues but it’s one thing after another. The hood is still not flush and the dealership has marked it up as a design flaw because anytime you close the hood, it bumps the top bumper and scratches the paint. 

I’ve reached out to Lincoln head office with them just mediating with the dealership to fix these issues.  For this price tag and having such issues is disappointing and not sure what my options are at this point. 

On 7/8/2020 at 12:27 PM, LincolnAviator20 said:

Sorry to hear your story. I'm certainly not an expert on this, but based on your description, those are all minor problems and not safety or operation related, you may have to deal with  them through your dealer for the duration of your ownership. It is unfortunate that  the Aviator still let the owner down. 

• 2 months later...

I was in a line of vehicles today at my grandchildren’s school, waiting to drop them off.  Stopped ahead of me was a new, silver Lincoln Aviator, with my state’s new-car temporary license plate dated two days prior.  My vehicle was stopped at an angle to the Lincoln, and I had a clear, excellent view of the left side.  The color and the vehicle were striking.

As I looked at the Lincoln from inside my vehicle, I could see the left rear door was misaligned - it looked as though the rear of the door was lower than it should be.  The left rear bumper fascia (where it meets and aligns with the rear quarter panel) was also clearly not flush and aligned.  I was unable to see the front or right side.

I do not know the build date of this new vehicle but there were visible panel alignment issues that were very obvious.  I was surprised at the visible build flaws, and immediately wondered what else was wrong with the vehicle (that you may not be able to see).

Edited by 1999 White C5 Coupe