Ford Plant Holiday Shutdown Weeks/Days?

Speaking only for MAP because I work there and our schedule is a little different than everyone else this year:

The last working day across the board for all plants is a week from today (December 20). We have an extra week off this year because of some construction going on to prepare for Bronco so we don't go back to work until January 13th. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Escape17 said:

What exactly is blending dates? i see a blending number on my sticker of my inbound escape. It looks like it contains the date my truck was built??

I understand blending is the date all the parts come together to be built so believe that will be your build date. Hopefully others on here can confirm or correct me. 

12 minutes ago, Nutty 5.0 said:

I understand blending is the date all the parts come together to be built so believe that will be your build date. Hopefully others on here can confirm or correct me. 

Thats a very simplified explanation, yes. It's not the same as build date though.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

Up here in Oakville, Ontario OAC is down from Dec 20th to January 13th. 1 week lay-off the week of January 6th 2020. Midnight shift in bodybuild ends Friday December 20th. 2 shift operation throughout whole plant starts January 13th. 450 layoffs start Feb 3 2020

• Like 1

It seems like unemployment is just a hassle to deal with whether you’re in Michigan or Ontario. We have to call it in or do it online. It can be annoying and confusing. I don’t even know if we will have the option to come in and do anything. Parts shortage past few shifts. Low on tires and seats, we were doing 10s and some saturdays. Past two days in the main plants been like 6 hours per shift on avg. So who knows

• Like 1