Aviator Accessories - Floor liners

Husker Fan

• 2 months later...

I have had both WeatherTech ones in other new vehicles and ordered the Aviator ones with my new Reserve II. I like the Aviator ones because they are “for the Aviator”, it has a nice pattern to them with the “Aviator” name on them. They do completely cover the front floor to include the side of the seat/door sill area. They are a flexible rubbery material versus hard plastic WT type. I like the Aviator ones best. I am considering getting the Aviator cargo mat from Lincoln too. Atm I am using my WT one from the 2018 Explorer I had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_dude_nepa said:

I have had both WeatherTech ones in other new vehicles and ordered the Aviator ones with my new Reserve II. I like the Aviator ones because they are “for the Aviator”, it has a nice pattern to them with the “Aviator” name on them. They do completely cover the front floor to include the side of the seat/door sill area. They are a flexible rubbery material versus hard plastic WT type. I like the Aviator ones best. I am considering getting the Aviator cargo mat from Lincoln too. Atm I am using my WT one from the 2018 Explorer I had. 

Lincoln has two matching cargo liners... behind second row and behind third row.  The also have third row floor liners... with or without center console.  I agree the Lincoln liners are superior to WT... I have WTs for all three rows and both lengths of cargo liners for my 09 Expedition and hate the hard plastic and hard to clean rough texture.  I have Husky Liners X-Act Contours in the F150 Limited and love them... way more flexible and very rich looking.  The WTs have a cheap look and feel by comparison. The only problem with X-Act Contours is the limited number of vehicle fitments available.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

My Aviator was supposed to come with the OEM Lincoln liners but for some reason dealer misplaced them at time of delivery and didn't have any more in stock so they ordered me a complimentary full set of Weathertechs.  A week later they found my OEM liners and gave them to me as well, so I actually have both sets.  I have always liked Weathertechs and would normally not put anything else in a car, but having now had both sets I agree with CoolScoop the Lincoln ones are better.  If anyone that wants to see the difference see the photos below.

The main advantage of the OEM liners is the driver side mat, which extends down about 4" below the seat rail to nicely protect the carpeting right beside the door sill which in my experience always gets hit with salt stains in the winter from snow and other crap on your boots.  The OEM liner also comes up higher a couple inches to protect the driver's footrest.  See the photo below to see a comparison with the WT placed on top of the OEM liner.

As for the cargo area, I give advantage to WT vs OEM.  The WT cargo liner has much larger lip at the perimeter to protect against spills and mine also covers the 3rd row seat which is a bonus because I hardly use them.  (see photos below)  I'm sure you can get a bigger OEM cargo liner to cover the 3rd row as well but if it is the same design as the smaller one, I still say WT cargo liner is better.

aviator OEM driver mat.JPG

weathertech driver mat.JPG

OEM weathertech driver comparison.JPG

avaitor OEM trunk mat.JPG

aviator OEM trunk mat 2.JPG

weathertech trunk mat.JPG

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 1:52 PM, rampagex7 said:

My Aviator was supposed to come with the OEM Lincoln liners but for some reason dealer misplaced them at time of delivery and didn't have any more in stock so they ordered me a complimentary full set of Weathertechs.  A week later they found my OEM liners and gave them to me as well, so I actually have both sets.  I have always liked Weathertechs and would normally not put anything else in a car, but having now had both sets I agree with CoolScoop the Lincoln ones are better.  If anyone that wants to see the difference see the photos below.

The main advantage of the OEM liners is the driver side mat, which extends down about 4" below the seat rail to nicely protect the carpeting right beside the door sill which in my experience always gets hit with salt stains in the winter from snow and other crap on your boots.  The OEM liner also comes up higher a couple inches to protect the driver's footrest.  See the photo below to see a comparison with the WT placed on top of the OEM liner.

As for the cargo area, I give advantage to WT vs OEM.  The WT cargo liner has much larger lip at the perimeter to protect against spills and mine also covers the 3rd row seat which is a bonus because I hardly use them.  (see photos below)  I'm sure you can get a bigger OEM cargo liner to cover the 3rd row as well but if it is the same design as the smaller one, I still say WT cargo liner is better.

aviator OEM driver mat.JPG

weathertech driver mat.JPG

OEM weathertech driver comparison.JPG

avaitor OEM trunk mat.JPG

aviator OEM trunk mat 2.JPG

weathertech trunk mat.JPG

Do either WT or OEM fold to allow use of when 3rd row is up/down? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 11:38 PM, sagosto said:

Do either WT or OEM fold to allow use of when 3rd row is up/down? 

Unfortunately neither of them fold but the WT one is pliable enough that in a pinch where I needed to use the 3rd row I was able to kind of bend/roll it upward to allow the 3rd row seats to come up.  The OEM mat that came with mine only covers the small cargo area behind the 3rd row so it works perfectly to use with the 3rd row up. 

That's why I actually have both the WT and OEM cargo mats so I used the WT 90% of time as my main mat with 3rd row down and on the odd occasion I need to use the 3rd row I take my WT mat out and replace with OEM mat.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:44 PM, rampagex7 said:

Unfortunately neither of them fold but the WT one is pliable enough that in a pinch where I needed to use the 3rd row I was able to kind of bend/roll it upward to allow the 3rd row seats to come up.  The OEM mat that came with mine only covers the small cargo area behind the 3rd row so it works perfectly to use with the 3rd row up. 

That's why I actually have both the WT and OEM cargo mats so I used the WT 90% of time as my main mat with 3rd row down and on the odd occasion I need to use the 3rd row I take my WT mat out and replace with OEM mat.

This could be what you might want if folding the cargo liner with the 3rd row seats is a must. https://www.huskyliners.com/WeatherBeater-Floor-Mats/2021/lincoln/aviator