How may 2012+ 2.0 Focus owners with 5 Speed manuals?

Nutty 5.0

We ordered our new SE with Sport package in August of 2011. We prefer stick cars and sounds like we dodged a bullet with not going auto. 

We’re getting ready to sell it and I’m seeing almost nothing in stick. Curious how many others have a non ST Focus with a stick?

Edited by Nutty 5.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I had a 2015 with a manual, and I loved it. I hated to get rid of it but I couldn't fit 2 car seats in the back of it so I had to get a fusion. 

When my wife got pregnant with our third, she figured out how to get two *and a booster for our oldest* in her 08. It can be done. 

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There was more room in the back seat of my 2008 2-door than there was in the 2015

It's 52 inches at the narrowest point in a '15 four door. It's 50 inches across my '08 four door. 

That being said, the most kid friendly car when mine were little was my '95 TBird. Preferred that to the Focus or the Tauruses (95, 02, 03) I had during those years. 

2 hours ago, YT90SC said:

It's 52 inches at the narrowest point in a '15 four door. It's 50 inches across my '08 four door. 

That being said, the most kid friendly car when mine were little was my '95 TBird. Preferred that to the Focus or the Tauruses (95, 02, 03) I had during those years. 

It's not the side to side room, it's front to back. I'm average height and still practically had the car seat in my ear when it was in the middle seat. 

• 8 months later...

I have a 2012 with a MT.  As a salesman once told a friend (he was looking to buy an Aerostar with a MT), "once you drive off the lot with the car, open the window and throw thousands of dollars out of the window." There are buyers for MT, but not many.  If you are not going to drive it till it breaks, you will lose 1-2000 on resale.  (My guess).  Depending on where you live.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2020 at 8:05 PM, retmustang said:

I have a 2012 with a MT.  As a salesman once told a friend (he was looking to buy an Aerostar with a MT), "once you drive off the lot with the car, open the window and throw thousands of dollars out of the window." There are buyers for MT, but not many.  If you are not going to drive it till it breaks, you will lose 1-2000 on resale.  (My guess).  Depending on where you live.

He may be right about that with every other car EXCEPT the 2012 and up Focus. The Auto’s are crap. The MT are the only ones that are going to last. I picked up a ‘16 SE HB with the 2.0 5spd with only 29k miles on it recently. I paid up for it. $13k. My thoughts were it was a high asking price, but then said to myself.. “find another one with these low miles and a MT.? “ There really aren’t any. So I pulled the trigger.  And have been very pleased with the purchase! 

Edited by mnm

mnm - enjoy your car.  I like the way that my 2012 Focus SE HB with a MT drives. I am also glad that it doesn't have a turbo.

But, I am an outlier.  I have purchased a 1977 Mercury Monarch with a MT (1st to second shift sends the stick back practically to the back seat), a 1974 Capri with a MT, a Ford Fiesta with a MT,  numerous Mustang MTs, and of course, the Aerostar MT.  Kelly Blue Book predicts private sales on my 2012 Focus (non-dealer) $6-8K with an AT and slightly less (but close) for the MT (only 50K mileage).  The sales from a dealer are close, but slightly less. You are correct.  If the AT didn't have a problem, the resale of the MT would be a lot less.  Still Ford produced only 3% with MT on regular Focus, I think.   The new Bronco has a 7-speed MT option on the lower series.  I was surprised to see that.