Has anyone taken delivery of 7.3 yet?

Nutty 5.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes the 7.3 ,we had a F-150 max tow with the heavy duty payload package. It was a great truck but it was an XL. We wanted to upgrade but couldn’t get a F-150 with the same package but with the lariat features so moving up the the super duty was the way to go.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 12:32 PM, Coaster said:

Yes the 7.3 ,we had a F-150 max tow with the heavy duty payload package. It was a great truck but it was an XL. We wanted to upgrade but couldn’t get a F-150 with the same package but with the lariat features so moving up the the super duty was the way to go.

Congrats on the new truck!  So what are your driving impressions on the 7.3. 

This our first super duty, the ride is stiffer than the 1/2 ton. It’s not a daily driver for us. We will be towing a 25 airstream with it. So far it’s only has 260 miles on it. The mpg is 16.3 so far. Over all we love the truck. There is something about just putting gas in it rather than diesel and def.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 1:21 PM, pwrcat said:

I've got one ordered, should be delivered SOON 2020 F-350 Super Cab!!

Have you taken delivery yet? I ordered an F250 Supercab Lariat with the 7.3, do not have it yet. Supposed to be built today by Ford's site, but have not heard anything yet.

On 1/14/2020 at 10:32 AM, Coaster said:

I had a 17 F150 XLT, Max Tow, 3.5 TT and 36 gal tank. My oil pan leaked and I am on my 4th pan. Poly plastic pan. It has leaked the last two times when getting oil change, so decided to upgrade. F150 towing in the PNW is really maxed at about 8000 lbs. My trailer is maxed at 8000 and towing was a little sloppy. So went with a Super Duty for more stable towing and the bigger gas 7.3L because only do weekend towing about 6 times a year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the 7.3 Crew 4x4 with the 3.55. After 1500 miles of mixed driving I am getting 12.64 MPG. That includes pulling a 6500 camper about 60 miles. I use a app called AUTOsist to keep track of my fuel and other things. For comparison my 2011 Silverado with the 5.3 and 6 speed (not sure what rear end gears were) averaged 15.78 after about 6000 miles of tracking. This is a flat land as I am on the coast.

We have about 1,700 miles on our’s. Being that it’s not a daily driver, we don’t drive it much. Today we took a 189 mile ride, round trip. When we got back we topped off the tank. We drove 65 miles an hour on 95 in fla. we logged 16.3. The 1,700 miles and change says 14.3. That’s for all our driving including a 250 trip pulling a 6600 lb trailer.I believe we can get 12 to 13 towing and 17 to 18 on the highway. Hope you like your truck as much as we love ours. We just got a Retrax tonneau and skyline racks.

4609F726-CAE2-409B-ABF8-8AC549925D16.jpeg

• 2 months later...