Has anyone taken delivery of 7.3 yet?

Nutty 5.0

Average mpg is 16 at home better on the highway. Towing I get 12.6 or better with a 6,600 # trailer. The 10 speed transmission is great. With 4200 miles on it I’m thinking about an oil change at 5,000 miles. The question is should I go full synthetic oil.

0166C574-C6EC-4E85-9B96-BAA6B41B4913.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

So what did you decide?

I am looking into this as well.

I had Diesel before so this was not what I was thinking about.  But now that I will be going back to a Gasser the debate is up again.

Not a lot of chatter on this forum, hope that changes, to get a good idea what others do :(

I have heard one theory that if you change every 5k then just keep it simple and use regular

I went with the full synthetic oil. My old 2014 F150 had full synthetic every time we changed the oil and will do the same on the 7.3.The truck isn’t a daily driver and use it for towing our camper. We really like the 7.3 and the 10 speed transmission.

Edited by Coaster

On 6/24/2020 at 3:06 PM, Coaster said:

Average mpg is 16 at home better on the highway. Towing I get 12.6 or better with a 6,600 # trailer. The 10 speed transmission is great. With 4200 miles on it I’m thinking about an oil change at 5,000 miles. The question is should I go full synthetic oil.

Wow! You are getting better mileage out of yours than I’m getting with my F150 6.2. I average about 11.5 mostly highway

Edited by Superduty Cajun