Extended Warranty

Yehaman

Picking up our Aviator on Wednesday. For those of you who purchased the car verse leased it,  did you purchase an extended warranty? I usually don’t, but being a brand new vehicle with a bunch of tech I’m actually contemplating it. Thoughts?  

Edited by Yehaman

100%.  With the stories already coming out I would.  Never have bought one except for the wifes minivan which paid for itself with automatic door replacement after 5 years, but I was planning to on the Aviator until I had to cancel it.  Someday that vehicle will show up at the dealer, likely in pieces, 20 weeks and counting.  

18 hours ago, Yehaman said:

Picking up our Aviator on Wednesday. For those of you who purchased the car verse leased it,  did you purchase an extended warranty? I usually don’t, but being a brand new vehicle with a bunch of tech I’m actually contemplating it. Thoughts?  

Hi Yehaman. I currently drive a 2018 Lincoln MKZ. My advice would be to pick up the plan. I purchased the LincolnProtect PremiumCare ESP for it. Even before all the expensive tech items on my current MKZ, I considered the ESP Plan worth it. Others feel it is better to save the money and "self-insure". Both sides of the discussion have their pros and cons, but I fall on the better to get the ESP side.

As an FYI: You do not have to purchase the Lincoln Protect Plan from your selling Dealer. I would recommend you price shop the Internet sellers along with your selling and other local Dealers. After exhaustive price shopping, I have purchased the ESP's for my last three Lincolns through "Ziegler Automotive Group": https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=New_Used_Cpo_Lincoln_Protect

You can find other online sellers by Googling "Lincoln ESP Plans".

Zieglers' price was always the lowest. Next lowest was usually "Flood Ford". Both, along with most of the other online sellers, offered far better pricing than my selling Dealers or any of my other local Lincoln and Ford Dealers.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and good luck with your new Aviator!

Edited by bbf2530

You also don't need to buy it now.  If Lincoln is like Ford you can purchase anytime until the factory warranty expires... so you have lots of time to think about it.  You don't even need to set reminders because you'll get a bunch of letters from Ford (Lincoln) over the last year of factory warranty trying to get you to purchase a plan.

Edited by CoolScoop

Cool, I’m going in tomorrow to sign, and then their delivering the car to my wife Thursday morning. Did purchase the tire/wheel warranty, as I can just imagine what she’ll do to those 22inch rims living in the Northeast. 

pretty excited, order for this thing went in on 10/4 and it arrived at the dealership last Wednesday. 

It’s always a gamble and the odds are never in your favor.  In my experience most new model issues are fixed within the factory warranty period but there are some notable exceptions like PTUs.  

There is a $100 up charge after the first 12 mos/12k miles (I think).

23 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Yehaman. I currently drive a 2018 Lincoln MKZ. My advice would be to pick up the plan. I purchased the LincolnProtect PremiumCare ESP for it. Even before all the expensive tech items on my current MKZ, I considered the ESP Plan worth it. Others feel it is better to save the money and "self-insure". Both sides of the discussion have their pros and cons, but I fall on the better to get the ESP side.

As an FYI: You do not have to purchase the Lincoln Protect Plan from your selling Dealer. I would recommend you price shop the Internet sellers along with your selling and other local Dealers. After exhaustive price shopping, I have purchased the ESP's for my last three Lincolns through "Ziegler Automotive Group": https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=New_Used_Cpo_Lincoln_Protect

You can find other online sellers by Googling "Lincoln ESP Plans".

Zieglers' price was always the lowest. Next lowest was usually "Flood Ford". Both, along with most of the other online sellers, offered far better pricing than my selling Dealers or any of my other local Lincoln and Ford Dealers.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and good luck with your new Aviator!

I have taken the lowest price for Ford / Lincoln ESP  I wanted  from web shopping to my dealer and they matched it (in one case by discounting the plan and in the other be increasing my trade-in’s value beyond that agreed to by the ESP price difference).  First was on a new F-150 in 2015 and the other on an ordered 2018 Black Label Navigator (purchased on X plan).

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 6:40 PM, Yehaman said:

Cool, I’m going in tomorrow to sign, and then their delivering the car to my wife Thursday morning. Did purchase the tire/wheel warranty, as I can just imagine what she’ll do to those 22inch rims living in the Northeast. 

I sure hope that you did get that tire & rim warranty. I had a nightmare happen to me with my 22” front passenger tire inside sidewalk blowing out. My wife said that she didn’t hit anything but after parking it on one of her stops she came out and saw the wheel flat sitting on that 22” rim. She never heard anything or hit anything and I give her credit for always being an attentive and careful driver. The tire only had 348 miles on it. Called the 1-800 Lincoln Road Service number they came took the blown one off and put that nifty crappy mini tire on it for her to get home. Road Service was great. I then took it to the dealer with my tire/rim pink sheet and they got me on the road again. The replacement tire (Goodyear Eagle) was $378. The bill showed zero customer charge, finally I win. I paid $800 for the warranty plan and three weeks of owning it I had to use it. I highly recommend to all to get it with these fancy new wheels on vehicles nowadays. I’m told a rim is $2400 p/rim! Having that warranty is peace of mind but it’s fantastic if you need to use it. Good luck with your new Aviator. 

DBBA30C2-521C-4019-89DC-0104C9AB3755.jpeg

A8C13C5E-985E-4ABD-B758-A2EBA3FF2185.jpeg