Hailie Deegan Switches to Ford

blksn8k2

3 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

The critics have and will continue to say that there are other young drivers with more talent that deserve a chance too but the fact is that none of them have the potential to bring in new fans that she will have.

Shes the most talented young female driver out there right now, I haven't seen or heard many people who follow NASCAR or stock cars in general say otherwise. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Shes the most talented young female driver out there right now, I haven't seen or heard many people who follow NASCAR or stock cars in general say otherwise. 

She's one of the most talented drivers that just happens to also be female. This was a good thing for Ford Racing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Notice that I didn't say female only. I have already seen at least one youtube "expert" that said there were other young male drivers with more talent that deserve a shot more than she does. I've seen her race in the K&N series and she is no slouch. I just hope they put her with the right teams. Another rumor floating around is that Harvick had something to do with getting Ford involved. IMO this is one of the best moves Ford Performance has made in a while.

Another good move was Matt DiBenedetto signing with the Wood Brothers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

Notice that I didn't say female only. I have already seen at least one youtube "expert" that said there were other young male drivers with more talent that deserve a shot more than she does.

I don't really disagree with that though. Ty Majeski comes to mind and Ford just lost him to a Chevy team. I'm sure there's a couple more I can't think of at the moment (just got home from work and I'm already a few deep into the celebration beverages ;) ) 

15 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

Another rumor floating around is that Harvick had something to do with getting Ford involved. IMO this is one of the best moves Ford Performance has made in a while.

Wouldn't surprise me. She might be represented by KHI, I'm not sure about that. I agree it's a great move for Ford Performance. They haven't had a whole lot of big name big talent guys for a few years besides Majeski and Chase Briscoe. 

17 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

Another good move was Matt DiBenedetto signing with the Wood Brothers.

Totally agree. I've heard rumors that Ford was sad to lose him after he opted out of the 32 car but there was nowhere for him to go in the Ford camp. Dude can drive as seen at the Bristol night race before Newman punched a hole in his bumper and killed the car. 

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

um, no. Different series and completely different company/team as last year. 

I thought Todd Gilliland drove the same DGR-Crosley chassis — skinned last year as a Toyota — to second place in the Daytona event last season and a victory at sister track Talladega Superspeedway in 2019.

Deegan's Ford Performance interview after finishing 2nd in Daytona ARCA race. Interesting answers. She seems a little more grounded (mature?) than I was expecting after seeing how she has raced in the past. I'm guessing she has been coached on everything including how to do an interview. Her answers sound like she has the "big picture" thing down patt. I guess we'll see how that plays out over a full season.

https://performance.ford.com/series/stock-car-racing/news/articles/stock-car-racing/2020/2/hailie-deegan-finishes-2nd-in-ford-arca-debut.html

On the whole ARCA thing, I have a little difficulty getting real excited about watching a bunch of Chevy engined cars running around in circles. I could go to any local short track and watch that crap. Same for the truck series. Are we supposed to be rooting for the headlight decals? Sorry, but I ain't buy'n it.

Unless I was reading an outdated article I did see something where the ARCA series does allow different engine packages but the LS based Ilmor spec engines get so many advantages it's to the point where running a real Ford or Toyota engine almost guarantees you will never win a race.