2020 Ford Explorer Transmission issue

Anyone here or any issues ; I have a 2020 Explorer got it a month ago 1000 miles on it transmission went out left stranded out of my city I was traveling.

dealer hasn’t fully diagnose issue they are saying they have gotten others in with transmission issues

ford has yet to approve a loaner ; district manager won’t call me back

its been a nightmare 

36 minutes ago, YT90SC said:

Did the cooler break? That seems to be a common theme with them. 

37 minutes ago, YT90SC said:

Did the cooler break? That seems to be a common theme with them. 

They did mention that it had no coolant on it but they didn’t finish the diagnostics; is there anything online that mentions that?

Geezus...could Ford screw the Explorer up anymore? 

One hell of a business case Hackett & Co. have in place: screw up one of your most important products, make quality a low priority, & jack the hell out of the price. 

They may wish they had kept selling "low profit cars" before they're done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 351cid said:

One hell of a business case Hackett & Co. have in place: screw up one of your most important products, make quality a low priority, & jack the hell out of the price. 

Its ford's new atp math..profit over all else....well, quality seems to be included in the "all else"....

• Like 1

The most disappointing aspect that I was stranded in another city with the car and ford as to today 7 days later has yet to approve a loaner; dealer is saying it’s the district manager that needs to approve; I’ve called ford directly to escalate this 3 days ago and still nothing ; I have own fords and Mercury’s  since 1998 and never had any issues with them ; this experience makes me really want jump brands ; at least it’s a lease so I’ll get out of it at some point

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 351cid said:

But but higher ATP's...

• Like 2

No offense to anyone that works at this plant, but if this is found to be an issue with assembly (ie someone didn’t do their job), just shut that plant down! It continues to give Ford black eyes over and over! For such an important vehicle, they keep doubling down on shipping garbage out.

Totally disregard if this is an engineering issue!

Edited by jcartwright99

11 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Assembly is engineering too. 

So everyone on the assembly line has an engineering degree?

I posted this here a long time ago so it's time for a repost.

In the early 2000s, Dakota and Durango ball joints were failing at an alarming rate. My tech happened to go to schooling at that time. When he came back he said "I know why the ball joints are failing."

I'm sure most people here have at least heard of MOOG, a large supplier of suspension and steering parts. MOOG's excuse for the premature failing was that Chrysler had not instructed them to grease the ball joints!

Sound like a good excuse to you?  Sometimes suppliers are stupid and petty and wrong!

When Daimler came along the Grand Cherokees were having problems with the front rotors warping. The calipers were not letting the pads pull back and were heating/ warping the rotors.

Daimler told the supplier to fix the problem or the new supplier would. The new supplier fixed the problem. There was a one number kit with new rotors and calipers to fix the problem.

Sometimes suppliers don't give a shit.

No one goes to the parts and service dept at an XYZ motors dealer and complains about the supplier and their sub-standard parts.  It means nothing to them, it should but it doesn't. All they know is they have an XYZ car and it's broken.

6 hours ago, saintlaz1 said:

The most disappointing aspect that I was stranded in another city with the car and ford as to today 7 days later has yet to approve a loaner; dealer is saying it’s the district manager that needs to approve; I’ve called ford directly to escalate this 3 days ago and still nothing ; I have own fords and Mercury’s  since 1998 and never had any issues with them ; this experience makes me really want jump brands ; at least it’s a lease so I’ll get out of it at some point

Hopefully I wont run into this issue with my ST.  Domypu have the 2.3 or 3.0?

Hopefully Ford will approve a rental under this circumstance but it is not covered under warranty and normally at the customers expense.  One reason why I got the enhanced 1st day rental option with my ESP.

And suspension issues that ford has now bought back several members Explorers.  Ford has now stated to a dealer "we are aware and do not attempt to fix till further notice while we investigate a fix" type of response.

Many at dealers for over 30 days and LL for buyback.

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/multiple-suspension-noises.482694/

I did a quick google search and didnt find any trans failure sites/posts.

Edited by blwnsmoke

26 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not even close, but who do you think designs the process and tunes it all up once it's installed? 

Oh, I know that.

When I welded at Twin City Fan we had a new style inlet vane that would not work. After going back and forth with the engineers in Minneapolis they told my supervisor to "figure it out and tell us what you did."

Said supervisor replied: " I'm not an engineer, why am I fixing your fuckup?"  We ended up redesigning a bunch of the parts so they would mesh properly.

31 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Oh, I know that.

When I welded at Twin City Fan we had a new style inlet vane that would not work. After going back and forth with the engineers in Minneapolis they told my supervisor to "figure it out and tell us what you did."

Said supervisor replied: " I'm not an engineer, why am I fixing your fuckup?"  We ended up redesigning a bunch of the parts so they would mesh properly.

They almost always ask us for input but I've gotten to the point where I don't bother because the engineers never listen to us because they think they know better. 

2 hours ago, MY93SHO said:

So everyone on the assembly line has an engineering degree?

I posted this here a long time ago so it's time for a repost.

In the early 2000s, Dakota and Durango ball joints were failing at an alarming rate. My tech happened to go to schooling at that time. When he came back he said "I know why the ball joints are failing."

I'm sure most people here have at least heard of MOOG, a large supplier of suspension and steering parts. MOOG's excuse for the premature failing was that Chrysler had not instructed them to grease the ball joints!

Sound like a good excuse to you?  Sometimes suppliers are stupid and petty and wrong!

When Daimler came along the Grand Cherokees were having problems with the front rotors warping. The calipers were not letting the pads pull back and were heating/ warping the rotors.

Daimler told the supplier to fix the problem or the new supplier would. The new supplier fixed the problem. There was a one number kit with new rotors and calipers to fix the problem.

Sometimes suppliers don't give a shit.

No one goes to the parts and service dept at an XYZ motors dealer and complains about the supplier and their sub-standard parts.  It means nothing to them, it should but it doesn't. All they know is they have an XYZ car and it's broken.

Assembly lines are engineered too, that includes the processes for putting things together properly and ensuring quality.