• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
coxron

Sync Base Line in not working properly

Question

If this problem with Sync 1 connection problems was know in 2014, you'd think Ford would have fixed it in an update to the Sync Base software.  Mine is a 2016 Fiesta, one of the last to roll off the line before the 2017 started production.  My Sync was outdated when it rolled off the line.  Sometimes Sync line in works most times it don't. It also doesn't recognize usb. I have did a master reset and a reset by removing the ground cable for a few minutes.  If I had the money to upgrade to Sync 3 I would, but I don't, it would also void my warranty even if a Ford dealership did the upgrade. Is there a way to fix it permanently?

2 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, coxron said:

...if I had the money to upgrade to Sync 3 I would, but I don't, it would also void my warranty even if a Ford dealership did the upgrade. Is there a way to fix it permanently?

Metra makes an adapter so you can upgrade to a better radio...in silver or black. Pick a quality receiver and ditch the factory system all together...

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120995825S/Metra-99-5825-Dash-Kit-Silver.html

PS: As a 2014, your warranty concerns should be nil

11 hours ago, coxron said:

If this problem with Sync 1 connection problems was know in 2014, you'd think Ford would have fixed it in an update to the Sync Base software.  Mine is a 2016 Fiesta, one of the last to roll off the line before the 2017 started production.  My Sync was outdated when it rolled off the line.  Sometimes Sync line in works most times it don't. It also doesn't recognize usb. I have did a master reset and a reset by removing the ground cable for a few minutes.  If I had the money to upgrade to Sync 3 I would, but I don't, it would also void my warranty even if a Ford dealership did the upgrade. Is there a way to fix it permanently?

Sync 3 *is not* an upgrade. It has plenty of its own issues. Make sure your software is up to date. If it is indeed under warranty, take it in and have it fixed. Probably needs an APIM. The other issues I see commonly with Fiesta especially is the placement of the USB ports and the phono jack. EASY to get crap in them.