What an awesome vehicle

Yehaman

Took the wife’s Aviator up to NH tonight for Christmas Eve. What a great vehicle and fantastic highway cruiser. Extremely quiet, very comfortable. Massaging heated seats and steering wheel were fantastic. Plenty of power, silky smooth transmission, and thanks to CarPlay and Waze,,,..no speeding tickets,

very comfortable, and loads of extra space to bring home the kids Christmas/Chanukah presents.

Might have to consider a Lincoln for me, once it’s time to replace my car. 

• Like 2

Picked our Reserve I up Friday after waiting while it sat in the local train terminal ramp for 3 weeks (note, it magically arrived the next day after calling the concierge and complaining that the dealer was doing totally nothing).  After all the reported issues on this new model, we looked it over very thoroughly before signing the final paperwork.  Other than a couple of very nitnoy dealer cleanup items like some staples showing, smudges on the seat and headliner, and a loose visor bracket, the only significant issue we found was the driver-side Aviator trim piece is just a bit too far out of acceptable alignment.  The dealer is going to fix that next week and run it through the detailer “again” for the smudges.  Like Yehaman, we absolutely love it so far.  Drives like a dream and the features are perfect for us and are very intuitive.  Fantastic vehicle.

• Like 2

Same here with a RWD Reserve I, Luxury. Zero defects.

Lane Centering is sloppy and Lane Keeping is irritating, I don’t think it’s all that quiet at 70 mph. Waving my foot under the bumper to open the hatchback often requires more than one attempt. I still haven’t mastered locking the car with the outside combo lock.  These are all trivial.

Adaptive Cruise Control with stop-and-go is magical. The Perfect Position sears are not too narrow. Acceleration feels about the same as my Jaguar XKR.

Plus, it’s a very handsome car. Undeniable presence. I’m very happy with it.

• Like 1

I have had my Aviator Reserve for 10 days now, and I am sold !  Great power, ride, and sound system.  Wish the touchscreen worked a little faster, but nit picking now.  Coming out of a 2017 Audi Q7, it is so much more car than the Audi.  Just the pre-start with auto seat and steering wheel heating was enough to win me over.    It has to stay outdoors as my second spot in the garage is taken by a 1970 Boss 302, and Audi's have no pre-start option in their lineup.   

Can't wait until I can put this ride on a road trip.  New Orleans in may, here we come.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Corso said:

Waving my foot under the bumper to open the hatchback often requires more than one attempt. I still haven’t mastered locking the car with the outside combo lock.  These are all trivial.

Try this for the liftgate:

Pick a spot about a foot from the center on either side and lift your foot straight up as if you’re touching the top of your foot to the bottom of the bumper.  Don’t wave it back and forth.  Works every time.

Don’t bother with the keypad unless you’re trying to lock the fob inside.  Just touch the top of the door handle to lock.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Try this for the liftgate:

Pick a spot about a foot from the center on either side and lift your foot straight up as if you’re touching the top of your foot to the bottom of the bumper.  Don’t wave it back and forth.  Works every time.

Don’t bother with the keypad unless you’re trying to lock the fob inside.  Just touch the top of the door handle to lock.  

I didn’t even know we could do that, will have to check that out tomorrow. Not sure the wife has bothered to read the manual yet. 

37 minutes ago, Bradp123 said:

I have not been able to get the door to lock touching the handle, am I missing something.  I have to hit that little lock icon.

Looks like Aviator is different than previous vehicles and you do touch the lock sensor below the keypad.