The dumbest lawsuit ever...

I feel for the woman who lost her husband and her son is impaired, but this boggles my mind how on earth you can even imagine suing Ford over it...the car was a Nissan Juke, the extender purchased from a third party vendor who is a greedy POS, both the cars manual AND the seat booster specifically said do not use with seat belt extenders...but, since the extender has a Ford logo on it, you sue Ford.

Never mind also that the impaired driver that hit them was high on cocaine and Xanax....nahhhhhhhh, lets sue Ford.

Wow.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/her-son-suffered-devastating-brain-140444416.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I feel for the woman who lost her husband and her son is impaired, but this boggles my mind how on earth you can even imagine suing Ford over it...the car was a Nissan Juke, the extender purchased from a third party vendor who is a greedy POS, both the cars manual AND the seat booster specifically said do not use with seat belt extenders...but, since the extender has a Ford logo on it, you sue Ford.

Never mind also that the impaired driver that hit them was high on cocaine and Xanax....nahhhhhhhh, lets sue Ford.

Wow.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/her-son-suffered-devastating-brain-140444416.html

The issue is that Ford’s own policy is to not sell seat belt extenders because they know parents misuse them, they are normally only ordered for adult customers who need them. The dealer who allowed his employee to order them and Sell  them in the internet breached that policy and now opened Ford up to a legal nightmare.
This sad case now takes on a life way beyond who caused the original crash to what equipment used caused serious injury and irrespective of Ford’s warnings, the Fact that this person has possession of an extender now puts Ford in a legal battle that should never have happened- the dealer that okayed the access to the extenders needs a god kick in the ass.

Edited by jpd80

It amazes me how people can twist things around in order to blame someone else. 

From what I read, their is no evidence the extender even failed or if it would have made a difference in the accident. 

Only questionable thing I see for Ford, is that they were supplying an abnormal amount of extenders to one dealer.
Since they don’t cost the dealer anything, I would suspect Ford would want to know why they are Ordering so many.  Probably in Ford’s eyes, these things don’t make any money why investigate something that’s free. 

This is a deep pocket issue for sure. Complete “follow the money” suit. Why not sue nissan for not making booster compatible seat belts or sue nissan because the juke isn’t as big as an armada. 
While your at it, sue the DOT for not putting up retractable bollards at red lights to stop red light runners.  ( doesn’t say if it’s at a red light or not) 

Maybe sue the restaurant they ate at because if the food came out quicker they may have not been at that spot at that time. (Again just speculation, but showing how ridiculous this blame game gets)
This is the society we live in. Only person that wins is attorney. 

• Like 4