TORQ Semi

blwnsmoke

I love quotes like these...

" Neuron EV claims it "sets new standards in clean energy vehicles" by designing TORQ to abolish greenhouse gas emissions ..."

Uhhh, where is the electricity coming from?  Nuclear is great, until Fukushima.  Solar better.  Wind has it's issues.  But the wording of "abolish" just strikes me as bad.  In reality, you're just transferring from one type of pollution to another.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 92merc said:

I love quotes like these...

" Neuron EV claims it "sets new standards in clean energy vehicles" by designing TORQ to abolish greenhouse gas emissions ..."

Uhhh, where is the electricity coming from?  Nuclear is great, until Fukushima.  Solar better.  Wind has it's issues.  But the wording of "abolish" just strikes me as bad.  In reality, you're just transferring from one type of pollution to another.

All good points, but a modern "fossil fuel" (natural gas or coal) electric production plant can be regulated to produce less emissions than the 1,000's of ICE vehicles that would be taken off the road and replaced by EV's, so the net effect would be less pollution. Easier and more effective to control and regulate one point of pollution that is stationary than 1000's of points pollution that are moving around and revving up and down or idling.

7 minutes ago, twintornados said:

All good points, but a modern "fossil fuel" (natural gas or coal) electric production plant can be regulated to produce less emissions than the 1,000's of ICE vehicles that would be taken off the road and replaced by EV's, so the net effect would be less pollution. Easier and more effective to control and regulate one point of pollution that is stationary than 1000's of points pollution that are moving around and revving up and down or idling.

^^^^ This

2 hours ago, MY93SHO said:

I don't ever see pollution being ended, just reduced. The greenest person on the planet still pollutes in some way.

Someday perhaps, when we reach a Star Trek utopian universe.  But we're a few Klingon wars away from achieving that goal...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, 92merc said:

Someday perhaps, when we reach a Star Trek utopian universe.  But we're a few Klingon wars away from achieving that goal...

Yep.

There's 8 billion people on this planet. Not saying we should say f@#k it and trash the place. Even though we kind of are.

You don't want your grandkids pissing on your grave.