Ranger: Detroit Free Press "Truck of the Year"

It actually would have been better to win this award after the face lift, I've yet to meet one person in real life who thinks the ranger looks good. 

It would have been more impactful to win this award when it was actually desirable to more people. 

How are the sales numbers? I've only seem 2 or 3 In the wild of Alaska. 

51 minutes ago, akirby said:

This award (like all the others) is an interesting discussion but pretty meaningless otherwise.

If the award prompts at least some Detroit Free Press readers to visit a local Ford dealership and test drive a Ranger, it's meaningful. And lots of Ford dealers in southeastern Michigan and northwestern Ohio advertise in that newspaper.

Edited by rperez817

1 hour ago, probowler said:

It actually would have been better to win this award after the face lift, I've yet to meet one person in real life who thinks the ranger looks good. 

It would have been more impactful to win this award when it was actually desirable to more people. 

How are the sales numbers? I've only seem 2 or 3 In the wild of Alaska. 

I've met plenty of people who thinks the Ranger looks good.  Me, and everyone who sees mine.  ?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

I still see the Rangers rarely, but there are always a few versions that look particularly good, such as Anthony's.  That's the version I would want personally, monochromatic Magnetic all the way, just like my F-150.  

I'm seeing many more in northern Michigan.  It helps that dealers up here are (finally) stocking them in substantial numbers.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:22 AM, Assimilator said:

I still see the Rangers rarely, but there are always a few versions that look particularly good, such as Anthony's.  That's the version I would want personally, monochromatic Magnetic all the way, just like my F-150.  

That’s how I ordered mine. I also ordered it with the medium stone interior. Yes I know getting light colored cloth you have to be brave, but 9 months later it still looks really good. I just think the two-tone interior sort of spruces it up a bit.

06C07C84-B0B2-4E76-A4D1-69B291B8D9CF.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

I am still surprised that Ford has not put a V6 in that thing yet !  2.7L EcoBoost would give a Raptor a run for its money !!

Once again, I'll say it louder for those in the back....

A V6 won't fit between the fenders and still be able to drop the body over it on the assembly line

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

A V6 won't fit between the fenders and still be able to drop the body over it on the assembly line

I’ve said it at least a half dozen times myself.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Fuzzy, you have to promise us, you'll snap a picture of the first chassis (Bronco or Ranger) with a V-6 rolling down the line at MAP,,,,,

HRG

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Correct.

A clear path into the engine bay for V6 raised into place was never a consideration,

all development work was for I-4 and I-5 engines. The 2.3 Ecoboost was so tight that

the engineers had to create an access hole in the inner guard to get to the oil filter.

T6 Gen 2 corrects all short comings with I-4 and V engines and then some...

2012-Ford-Ranger-Review-14.jpg

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1