Windshield pitting

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing severe windshield pitting on their Aviator?

I at first thought it was just pine sap or bugs or something, but I noticed a ton of specks missing and shining on a sunny day.

I got out and ran my hand over the windshield and have 200 or more small nicks in it.

Took it in to the dealer for a problem with the audio/touch screen presets not working and asked them to look into it.

They agree it is extremely high for the amount of them in there and asked if I was traveling behind a gravel hauler - no.

They claim no one else has this issue.  Wanted to see if anyone else has similar.

I guess the only thing I would investigate next is to see if the front of your car, like the headlights and bumper, show any signs of comparable pitting.  Best way to do this is to clean your headlights and look at them at off to the side at night when they are on, you'll see the pitting or sand-blasting pretty clearly in the lens.  For a new car, it should be virtually nothing at this point unless you've had some abnormal road debris.  

That might eliminate or confirm driving damage. 

Edited by Assimilator

3 minutes ago, Andy Hargreaves said:

Definitely holes in the glass.  I will check the front lights today when I pick it up.

First I've ever heard of something like that.  Anything strong enough to do that would also pit the paint on roof edge and hood and grille along with the headlamps.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's not the same vehicle, but my parents 2014 Ford Flex has the same type of issue.  We keep our vehicles a long time, and nothing has this amount of small pitting in the glass in such a short amount of time.  I think over at www.fordflex.net there was a thread on it and I wasn't the only one that had the issue.  Hate to see what this'll be like in another 5-8 years...