Ford Oz reportedly about to sign off on factory backed 5.0l Coyote Ranger Raptor

8 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

@sho94_2000

What he is saying is that your IP address resolves back to the same IP address that a banned user used. Might be a coincidence, but consider yourself warned since I haven't bothered to check the older messages to see if they are similar to yours. But from your posts you seem to be a borderline troll... 

Well I am at work, at a hospital in a major metropolitan city, where we have 6,000+ employees.  

I'm unaware of anything I've said that would constitute trolling.

But your warning is noted.

What an inviting board though!  Accusations of trolling and IP tracking.

3 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I understand how it works, I used to be a Moderator on another forum. I just hope that the "power" isn't used indiscriminately, banning users just because their opinion may not be the same as yours (Members who are also Mods). I would assume that it takes a consensus vote among multiple Mods to ban someone?

HRG

I've been here a long time, and I can only remember 1 user being banned.  It's not easy to get banned here.

2 hours ago, sho94_2000 said:

they really need to make the Ranger Raptor body kit available

It already is. Not from Ford directly but from companies Ford has authorized for upgrades in the past

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27442/this-dealer-is-building-2019-ford-ranger-raptor-like-pickups-for-off-road-fanatics

http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/ford/2019-ford-ranger/

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

I've been here a long time, and I can only remember 1 user being banned.  It's not easy to get banned here.

I can remember a few, one of which was shortly after I joined, and one was that dude from the employee section mentioned on the last page

The other was biker16

14 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I understand how it works, I used to be a Moderator on another forum. I just hope that the "power" isn't used indiscriminately, banning users just because their opinion may not be the same as yours (Members who are also Mods). I would assume that it takes a consensus vote among multiple Mods to ban someone?

Yes-there are rules and the normally get warnings first because they are flagrantly ignoring them. I'm a believer in giving people enough leash to hang themselves with it..which they normally do.

13 minutes ago, sho94_2000 said:

Well I am at work, at a hospital in a major metropolitan city, where we have 6,000+ employees.  

Well here is the history-the banned user was banned about 6-7 years ago and when a new user signs up and starts "bad mouthing" Ford for what they are doing in multiple posts and has the same exact IP address with no one else ever using it, even though you have 6K employees, it raises some eyebrows. 

Not to mention your last sentence is very telling-guess you never heard of shutting up while your ahead, but yet your drawing more attention to yourself. 

10 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Exactly-most of the banned people are spam bots.

5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I can remember a few, one of which was shortly after I joined, and one was that dude from the employee section mentioned on the last page

The other was biker16

Don't forget Pioneer...and him going off the deep end with the Nautilus name

There are others also, but I think the list is less then 10-20 people who where actual posters. I've been around this DG in its different guises for 20+ years. 

Edited by silvrsvt

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Don't forget Pioneer...and him going off the deep end with the Nautilus name

There are others also, but I think the list is less then 10-20 people who where actual posters. I've been around this DG in its different guises for 20+ years. 

He wasn't ever actually banned was he? I thought he just left on his own. 

1 hour ago, sho94_2000 said:

You’re not close to being banned.  It’s just unusual for a new member to act like that and quite the coincidence to have the same IP.  

Given the timing of the US request, the final global refresh on gen one T6 was already done and locked in, work was already starting on next gen T6 Bronco. There was not time or resources available to reconfigure the engine bay for V6 and have crash testing and the whole shooting box done. This was a one engine one transmission deal with least possible changed to the existing inline configuration and doesn't even get to whether a V6 engine would or wouldn't fit, it was never a consideration due to time constraint.

Keep in mind that a8 V Ranger Raptor is a consideration for Aussie buyers because Ford US will not entertain a RHD F150/250 double act to compete with Ram 1500/2500 mini refabrication line now selling upwards of 5,000 trucks a year, all at premium prices.

The V8 Ranger Raptor makes great sense as a low volume conversion strategy, maintaining a price premium and exclusivity, the word is that Ford is watching demand closely and could widen available trims to include XLT if they see enough interest. Sounds to me like they will use the F150 Coyote and gearbox to make for a less painful swap, this s a front support panel out job to get the V8 and trans in place.

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The other was biker16

I didn't know about the employee section dude, and I thought biker left on his own.

Overall, it's a pretty tolerant board.

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Not to mention your last sentence is very telling-guess you never heard of shutting up while your ahead, but yet your drawing more attention to yourself. 

This statement by a “moderator” is why this board is what it is.  A few members decide to gang up on an individual for expressing an opinion.  You have no concept of actually moderating,  send a PM and stop trying to play the cool kid card by calling someone out in public.  This particular member isn’t trolling, but you are.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

You’re not close to being banned.  It’s just unusual for a new member to act like that and quite the coincidence to have the same IP.  

Act like what if I may?

I'm participating in discussion.  Is that not appropriate for new users?  I've lurked for a few years.  I don't feel new.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yes-there are rules and the normally get warnings first because they are flagrantly ignoring them. I'm a believer in giving people enough leash to hang themselves with it..which they normally do.

Well here is the history-the banned user was banned about 6-7 years ago and when a new user signs up and starts "bad mouthing" Ford for what they are doing in multiple posts and has the same exact IP address with no one else ever using it, even though you have 6K employees, it raises some eyebrows. 

Exactly-most of the banned people are spam bots.

*you're

I did not bad mouth Ford.

Sorry you got offended.

This statement by a “moderator” is why this board is what it is.  A few members decide to gang up on an individual for expressing an opinion.  You have no concept of actually moderating,  send a PM and stop trying to play the cool kid card by calling someone out in public.  This particular member isn’t trolling, but you are.  

Thank you 

Edited by sho94_2000

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's slick!

Didn't that dealer offer some crazy performance upgrade for the Mustang a while back?

13 minutes ago, sho94_2000 said:

I did not bad mouth Ford.

Yes that is what I said.  Probably one of the most short sighted decisions we've seen in recent times.

The Ranger Raptor should have been available at launch, with a tuned version of the 2.3L.  

To assert that there was no way to get that truck here at launch is absurd.  That truck would have printed money for Ford.  

I gave you several perfectly valid business reasons why they don’t have a Raptor but you called them absurd.  I did t say there was no way to do it - I said they decided other things were more important.

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

I gave you several perfectly valid business reasons why they don’t have a Raptor but you called them absurd.  I did t say there was no way to do it - I said they decided other things were more important.

Yes that's your opinion.  But considering what Ford is willing to invest in (train station, etc) the cost associated with bringing the Ranger Raptor here would have been pennies on the dollar and they would have sold every one.  Also perfectly valid reasons to bring it here.

And that is  my opinion.  It's not bad mouthing to want to see a manufacturer succeed Jesus Christ......

Edited by sho94_2000

Certification costs are not cheap and most likely not worth the expense of a low volume vehicle that would only be around for a year or two. Automotive certification is a huge cost factor when deciding what ends up on the dealership lots. 

When you make changes to engine output and body panels, you have to consider development, crash and epa certification costs, not to mention funds for additional advertising and marketing for this new model. 

What seems like pennies is far from it.  Low volume vehicles need to amortize just like high volume ones. 

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

So I'm a moderator and I'm not supposed to have an option? I'm going to call out people's bullshit being a moderator or not. There was no need to send a PM and the reason I posted what I did was to be transparent with what was going on with this person. Matching IP addresses from a known person that has been banned is going to raise some eyebrows. akirby was the first one to call him out as being EBFlex, who was the banned member with the matching IP address. 

You can't just have an option-you need to back your argument up with facts to back your option up or just say, hey this my option. Lots of people here seem to enjoy getting off on trollish behavior with certain comments, just to get a rise out of people. 

I don't abuse my moderation powers-99% of the time its dealing with spambots spamming the boards. I could very easily just ban whoever, but we don't do that here. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I don't abuse my moderation powers-99% of the time its dealing with spambots spamming the boards. I could very easily just ban whoever, but we don't do that here. 

I'm sorry, but this is a very troubling statement for a Moderator to make.

HRG