Ford Oz reportedly about to sign off on factory backed 5.0l Coyote Ranger Raptor

8 hours ago, sho94_2000 said:

Yes that is what I said.  Probably one of the most short sighted decisions we've seen in recent times.

The Ranger Raptor should have been available at launch, with a tuned version of the 2.3L.  

Remember Ford offered a tune for the 2.3L in the Mustang from 2015-2017(?) that retained the factory warranty for $699.

That’s not quite correct.  Ford Performance offered the tune.  It came with a 3 year 36,000 warranty.  If the tune caused problems, the Ford Performance warranty covered any repair costs.  Beyond 36,000 miles, issues caused by the tune could void the Ford warranty.  In other words, if the engine blew up at 37,000 miles and was caused by the tune, you’re on your own. 

3 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

We probably need a “sticky” titled “how to be a moderator”.  

Some of you need a lesson on what it means to be a moderator.   Outside of deleting spam and stopping personal attacks (which have not occurred here) we’re just normal members.  We don’t censor anything other than personal attacks and spam and we don’t abuse our power.

And if you don’t like it here don’t log back in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I've been a moderator for here for quite a while and I haven't changed how I post, but all of a sudden its an issue? 

Telling members (or even a single member) to shut up in a public forum full of members who have opinions that differ from YOURS is not being a moderator.  Use PM for warnings if you believe folks are out of line, instead of relying on your 4 buddies on this forum to join in to save you.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, akirby said:

Some of you need a lesson on what it means to be a moderator.   Outside of deleting spam and stopping personal attacks (which have not occurred here) we’re just normal members.  We don’t censor anything other than personal attacks and spam and we don’t abuse our power.

And if you don’t like it here don’t log back in.

I don’t need a lesson.  I understand the meaning of moderator.  I’m free to read and post my opinion here without being told to shut up.  It’s a public forum and some of you “moderators” think that an opinion has to be based on facts.  Has nothing to do with “liking it here”.  Get over yourself with that comment.  I enjoy reading and commenting when moderators aren’t calling out members as trolls when their opinion doesn’t fit the narrative.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I don’t need a lesson.  I understand the meaning of moderator.  I’m free to read and post my opinion here without being told to shut up.  It’s a public forum and some of you “moderators” think that an opinion has to be based on facts.  Has nothing to do with “liking it here”.  Get over yourself with that comment.  I enjoy reading and commenting when moderators aren’t calling out members as trolls when their opinion doesn’t fit the narrative.  

Was going to stay out of it but one thing you are completely wrong with.  It is NOT a public forum, there is no 1st amendment here.  You have to sign up to be a member to post and you agree to abide by the rules.  Again, not a public forum and you are NOT free to post whenever you feel like it because of your "right" that don't exist.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Telling members (or even a single member) to shut up in a public forum full of members who have opinions that differ from YOURS is not being a moderator.  Use PM for warnings if you believe folks are out of line, instead of relying on your 4 buddies on this forum to join in to save you.  

Like Fuzzy pointed out, your reading way into this...

The point (obviously unsuccessfully) that was trying to be made is that warning was made to the user because they shared IP with a known banned user and some of their posts where negative to Ford, which is well an indication of someone trolling or maybe that banned person created another account.  Then that same user made a snide remark about that...and thus my comment was made-it was a warning for them to quit while they where ahead...I never told them to shut up or threatened to ban them. All those behaviors (to me at least) are indication that their behavior could quite possibly cross a line down the road. 

Like its been stated before...if you have any issue with the moderation of this site, you can leave, cause your picking a stupid hill to die on right now. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I was under the impression that a V type engine wouldn't fit period into the current Ranger or it just doesn't fit during the normal assembly line process (from under the vehicle)?

It’s amazing what you can do when you’re not constrained by an assembly line. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

Was going to stay out of it but one thing you are completely wrong with.  It is NOT a public forum, there is no 1st amendment here.  You have to sign up to be a member to post and you agree to abide by the rules.  Again, not a public forum and you are NOT free to post whenever you feel like it.

Well this forum is available to the public, so regardless, it is a public forum.  Sure, I agree to certain rules, one can argue that those rules do not apply to some members of this forum.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Like Fuzzy pointed out, your reading way into this...

The point (obviously unsuccessfully) that was trying to be made is that warning was made to the user because they shared IP with a known banned user and some of their posts where negative to Ford, which is well an indication of someone trolling or maybe that banned person created another account.  Then that same user made a snide remark about that...and thus my comment was made-it was a warning for them to quit while they where ahead...I never told them to shut up or threatened to ban them. All those behaviors (to me at least) are indication that their behavior could quite possibly cross a line down the road. 

Like its been stated before...if you have any issue with the moderation of this site, you can leave, cause your picking a stupid hill to die on right now. 

All I’m saying is warn the user via PM.  No reason to call others out just to get a “like” from your buddies.   If you are so certain that an IP address belongs to a member who has been banned, then do what is right and ban him/her   Nobody made a snide remark other than you telling a member to shut up.  PM me if you’d like to discuss further, the spin has already been created.  BTW, I’m not dying on a hill because of a “moderator” on an Internet forum.  

5 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I'm sorry, but this is a very troubling statement for a Moderator to make.

HRG

No it's not and to my knowledge he has never on his own,  banned anyone.

A ban  normally comes after a long period of unacceptable site behavior

and is usually agreed to by all moderators.

Matt was banned from here  but apparently  he continued to impersonate Richard Jensen

on other sites  and for that,' there's no coming back. 

Edited by jpd80

10 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

It’s a public forum and some of you “moderators” think that an opinion has to be based on facts. 

See, that’s the problem.  What you think are opinions are not opinions at all.  I don’t like it is an opinion.  I wish they would offer it is an opinion.  Saying  that Ford could do a tuned Raptor for almost no investment is a statement of fact which is disputed by other well known facts.  And I have to call those out.

Now that we all got that out of our system let’s get back to talking about Ranger.  Any further off topic comments in this thread will be deleted.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Now that we all got that out of our system let’s get back to talking about Ranger.  Any further off topic comments in this thread will be deleted.

In my opinion, I sure do wish a tuner shop like Roush would offer a (current) Ranger with the 2.7EB V-6.  From the sound of it, it's not practical on the assembly line, dropping the body down on to the roller frame, but maybe the possibility exists that the 2.7 could dropped-in from the top?

HRG

28 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

In my opinion, I sure do wish a tuner shop like Roush would offer a (current) Ranger with the 2.7EB V-6.  From the sound of it, it's not practical on the assembly line, dropping the body down on to the roller frame, but maybe the possibility exists that the 2.7 could dropped-in from the top?

HRG

I don’t know if it could just be dropped in from the top - probably requires some engine bay modifications - but I’m sure it could be done.

Tuners are getting some insane numbers from the 2.3L though.  That’s probably a much easier route.

2 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

A TT V6 fits easily, there just wasn’t enough time to go back in and change more things like the crash design for a V engine, work on Gen 1 T6 was complete and work was starting on Gen 2 T6 Bronco and that couldn’t be delayed to go back and work on what was now a vehicle in its last three years.

Very poor timing by North America to want back in on Ranger after final refresh lock-in. They had years and years to make up their minds but chose the very last minute of Gen 1 to do that.

a S/C V8 fits, well kinda (LOL) so why piss around with a TT V6.

Edited by jpd80

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I don’t know if it could just be dropped in from the top - probably requires some engine bay modifications - but I’m sure it could be done.

If it were as easy as dropping it into the engine bay, somebody would be doing it. My guess is that it involves significant modifications in the engine compartment (probably bodywork, almost certainly rerouting of plumbing and modifications of wiring harnesses). It makes economic sense in Oz because there's no F-Series above it--it doesn't matter if it ends up costing F-150 Raptor money because there's no F-150 Raptor to buy.

5 minutes ago, probowler said:

Hopefully Ford was smart designing the next gen T-6 to accommodate more engine choices.

By all accounts, they've already changed the frame to accommodate V engines. It was required for the new Bronco, and likely for the future success of the Ranger in NA.

• Like 2