Ford Oz reportedly about to sign off on factory backed 5.0l Coyote Ranger Raptor

44 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

Didn't the Explorer get the SOHC version of the 4.6? I think that's a bit narrower than the DOHC Coyote.

Regardless, I hope someone has gotten it sorted and been able to make the case in Dearborn...

Yeah but the 4.6 DOHC was offered in the Aviator back then.  4.6 DOHC is a couple of inches wider than the 5.0 Coyote.  Not that it matters, just put the 5.0 in the Ranger/Bronco and we will all be happy.  

• Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 6:52 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Oh dear god just please stop. They would roll out without hoods

For some reason, this sounds like a Hot Wheels caricature in the making. Maybe the Gas Monkey guys will stuff a 7.3 in a Ranger, with the valve covers sticking above the fenders,,,,

HRG

0e3fe746db11fb2b1d870200d1e7d76b.jpg

3 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

For some reason, this sounds like a Hot Wheels caricature in the making. Maybe the Gas Monkey guys will stuff a 7.3 in a Ranger, with the valve covers sticking above the fenders,,,,

HRG

0e3fe746db11fb2b1d870200d1e7d76b.jpg

I know this may seem silly but the first thing I thought off when I saw this was weight.

I remember when Chevy came out with the Vega and people where putting V8s in them, very cool in a straight line but good luck cornering.