Ford Oz reportedly about to sign off on factory backed 5.0l Coyote Ranger Raptor

The donor Raptors will arrive in Australia with diesel propulsion and will then undergo an engine transplant as part of extensive performance upgrades.

Key to the transformation into a Raptor V8 is Ford’s Coyote V8, the engine that is the heart of the Mustang GT.

And then this,

January 3 update: 

While Ford will not officially confirm the V8 Raptor is in development ahead of an anticipated on-sale late 2020, the company's Australian communications boss Matt Moran was keen for WhichCar to include the following statement: 

"There has always been speculation around the Ranger Raptor - naturally we have nothing share right now about any future plans, but we're thrilled by the passion and how much people love this great truck, designed and engineered right here in Australia."

Read into that what you will; it may not be a confirmation, but it's also far from a denial.

11 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I was under the impression that a V type engine wouldn't fit period into the current Ranger or it just doesn't fit during the normal assembly line process (from under the vehicle)?

It won't.  That's why (if this report is accurate) Ford is sending it out to a 3rd party company to do it.

My guess is one of three things:

1) The report is just not accurate.

2) They are mixing up this with the next gen truck

3) Hell has frozen over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I was under the impression that a V type engine wouldn't fit period into the current Ranger or it just doesn't fit during the normal assembly line process (from under the vehicle)?

No, but individuals have already done it down under. If you got enough money and a big hammer you can do about anything.

• Like 1

As much as I hate when Ford does it (Sport Trac Adrenalin anyone?), they really need to make the Ranger Raptor body kit available if they are going to continue to be extremely short sighted and not offer the full truck here.

The Ranger would look so much better and not like it's on stilts.

1 minute ago, sho94_2000 said:

The 2.3L that's currently in it won't fit?

You said they were short sighted by not offering the FULL ranger raptor here.  If you're just talking about the body kit - the juice probably isn't worth the squeeze on that one since we'll get a real Raptor probably with a 2.7L V6 in a couple of years.

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

You said they were short sighted by not offering the FULL ranger raptor here.  If you're just talking about the body kit - the juice probably isn't worth the squeeze on that one since we'll get a real Raptor probably with a 2.7L V6 in a couple of years.

Yes that is what I said.  Probably one of the most short sighted decisions we've seen in recent times.

The Ranger Raptor should have been available at launch, with a tuned version of the 2.3L.  

Remember Ford offered a tune for the 2.3L in the Mustang from 2015-2017(?) that retained the factory warranty for $699.

Twenty-Five horsepower and 70 lb-ft of torque— that’s what Ford’s new $699 Performance Power Pack adds to the Mustang’s 2.3-liter EcoBoost inline-four. That brings power and torque up to 335 HP (an 8 percent increase) and 390 lb-ft (up 22 percent), respectively.

But those are just peak numbers. Ford says at 6,000 rpm, horsepower goes up by 100 ponies, and that between 2,500 and 5,000 rpm, average horsepower and torque go up by 40 HP and 60 lb-ft, respectively.

https://jalopnik.com/fords-warranty-preserving-ecoboost-mustang-tune-is-fina-1787660757

To assert that there was no way to get that truck here at launch is absurd.  That truck would have printed money for Ford.  

"Oh you came in to look at the F-150 Raptor but cannot afford $70k  How about this Ranger Raptor for only $49,995."  

Lastly, having friends that have bought a Ranger, love it, but added bigger wheels/tires, I'd say there would have been a market for a Raptor body kit.  Call it the Wildtrak package so you can preserve the Raptor name for when the Ranger Raptor launches later.

Edited by sho94_2000

31 minutes ago, sho94_2000 said:

Yes that is what I said.  Probably one of the most short sighted decisions we've seen in recent times.

The Ranger Raptor should have been available at launch, with a tuned version of the 2.3L. 

That takes time and money that Ford chose to spend on the new Ranger and Bronco.  You can't just do stuff like that for free.  If it was such a no-brainer as you say they would have already done it.

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

That takes time and money that Ford chose to spend on the new Ranger and Bronco.  You can't just do stuff like that for free.  If it was such a no-brainer as you say they would have already done it.

Nah I don't buy that.  The truck has been being made since 2012.  It would have cost them pennies to do what I said above.  They already make everything to make it happen.  It's literally just bolting the items in place and installing a different tune on the engine. 

2 minutes ago, sho94_2000 said:

Nah I don't buy that.  The truck has been being made since 2012.  It would have cost them pennies to do what I said above.  They already make everything to make it happen.  It's literally just bolting the items in place and installing a different tune on the engine. 

Whatever you say EBFlex.

56 minutes ago, akirby said:

Whatever you say EBFlex.

38 minutes ago, sho94_2000 said:

?

@sho94_2000

What he is saying is that your IP address resolves back to the same IP address that a banned user used. Might be a coincidence, but consider yourself warned since I haven't bothered to check the older messages to see if they are similar to yours. But from your posts you seem to be a borderline troll... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Tracking IP addresses, AK?

HRG

They are logged and I think only moderators can see them. We had an infamous incident with someone in the employee section talking shit (using a VPN, etc) saying he couldn't be banned...well he's gone now and didn't even use a VPN when he claimed to. 

10 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

They are logged and I think only moderators can see them. We had an infamous incident with someone in the employee section talking shit (using a VPN, etc) saying he couldn't be banned...well he's gone now and didn't even use a VPN when he claimed to. 

I understand how it works, I used to be a Moderator on another forum. I just hope that the "power" isn't used indiscriminately, banning users just because their opinion may not be the same as yours (Members who are also Mods). I would assume that it takes a consensus vote among multiple Mods to ban someone?

HRG

• Like 1