Cold Start Engine Noise

Cewald

Hi, this is my first post. I have a 2018 Nav Reserve. I have noticed that the engine seems to be oddly loud on cold starts. I have read about the rattle/ banging sounds, but this doesn't seem to be the issue. It sounds similar to an exhaust leak. I have it turned into the dealer but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this or can tell me this is normal. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aTq8gxVUnH2neMTQ_cZapa8C8V82Hwxj

I didn't view your video but it may be the wastegate valve. Mine rattles a bit then after about a minute maybe less it stops. It doesn't bother me because nine times out of ten I remote start it and by the time I open my garage, walk out to the truck it has stopped dealer knows about it so if it ever causes an issue they know it's on them. Hopefully it is as benign as that I know others with our engine have complained of cam phasor issues.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:01 AM, Cewald said:

Hi, this is my first post. I have a 2018 Nav Reserve. I have noticed that the engine seems to be oddly loud on cold starts. I have read about the rattle/ banging sounds, but this doesn't seem to be the issue. It sounds similar to an exhaust leak. I have it turned into the dealer but I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this or can tell me this is normal. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aTq8gxVUnH2neMTQ_cZapa8C8V82Hwxj

This is being discussed on a different forum where someone posted this video, if  you think it is the waste hate valve this video explains this in detail.