'19 Year End Sale Totals

Wrangler starts at 28k for the 2 door and almost 32k for the 4 door in Sport trim. These Jeeps look really basic on the exterior, lots of black plastic. I’m hoping ford doesn’t go that route on the exterior of the base bronco since its one of their “Icon” vehicles. If that’s the case then I could see the 2 door right around 30k and the 4 door around 34k. 

Those prices seem reasonable to me, but knowing ford lately, it will probably be higher than that.

Edited by T-dubz

46 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Wrangler starts at 28k for the 2 door and almost 32k for the 4 door in Sport trim. These Jeeps look really basic on the exterior, lots of black plastic. I’m hoping ford doesn’t go that route on the exterior of the base bronco since its one of their “Icon” vehicles. If that’s the case then I could see the 2 door right around 30k and the 4 door around 34k. 

Those prices seem reasonable to me, but knowing ford lately, it will probably be higher than that.

Oh balls, I forgot about the 2 and 4 door difference in my price guess earlier

It kinda still stands though. Instead of 2x4 and 4x4, it could apply to 2dr and 4dr 

17 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

My prediction:

Base 2 door (Manual):  $30,995

Base 4 door (Manual):  $33,995

Over $55,000 for loaded 4 door.  

ha, I forgot about manual. This better be one of those vehicles where the automatic is standard and the manual is extra lol

27 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Well I don't think 2 years is long enough to forget how to drive a stick, besides, EOL drivers are all very high seniority. 

Sounds good. I probably haven't driven a manual in 30 years, yet I still find myself pushing down on an imaginary clutch pedal from time to time,,,,

HRG

• Like 1

Toyota 4Runner starts at $36k for the poverty spec SR5. Most of them are sold in the mid $40s.

Jeep Wrangler 4 door starts at $32k for the poverty spec Sport. Most of them are sold in the mid $40s.

Jeep Wrangler 2 door starts at $28k for the poverty spec Sport. So few are sold, it doesn't really matter.

My guess is Bronco 4 door will start at $35k. I have no guess on the 2 door... it's a super niche market and Ford may just decide to start at the same price as the 4 door. There is no reason to make it cheaper in my opinion. People that want 2 doors will pay a premium to get it. Most people will go for the 4 doors so it has to be price competitive with 4Runner at the very least. 

Another set of data points to consider... I highly doubt Bronco will be cheaper than Edge so look at the MSRP for Edge and add a premium for comparatively equipped Bronco.

Edge SE AWD $33k

Edge SEL AWD $36k

Edge Titanium AWD $40k

Edge ST AWD $43k

Edited by bzcat

Even reading some of the articles, it sounds like QA is drastically better out of Chicago for the explorer, but still not where it should be.  I am sure they hoped for better explorer numbers.  Does anyone recall this being a thing for the expedition out in Kentucky for its 18 refresh, or just things went extra bad in Chicago?

1 hour ago, CoolDude919 said:

Even reading some of the articles, it sounds like QA is drastically better out of Chicago for the explorer, but still not where it should be.  I am sure they hoped for better explorer numbers.  Does anyone recall this being a thing for the expedition out in Kentucky for its 18 refresh, or just things went extra bad in Chicago?

Ford changed so much with the new Explorer that it was almost inevitable that troubles

would happen in the first twelve months. Perhaps it's a good idea to  staying away from

first year's production until Ford  gets on top of things and meets expected quality.

What compounded Explorer's problems was Ford trying to increase production too quickly,

where as Expedition was more of steady production roll out due to inherent constraints at

Kentucky Truck plant. Expedition is basically an extension  of the F150  equipment and

systems already in use also helped have a less troubled roll out.

Edited by jpd80