PHEV Wrangler at CES

MY93SHO

• akirby changed the title to PHEV Wrangler at CES
20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'm still hoping at least a hybrid model shows up at launch for Bronco.

For the "wow" factor?

Or is there really a large demand for hybrid/electric off-road vehicles? A truck makes sense in that people use them as family cars, but a 2/4-door suv?

22 minutes ago, probowler said:

For the "wow" factor?

Or is there really a large demand for hybrid/electric off-road vehicles? A truck makes sense in that people use them as family cars, but a 2/4-door suv?

Are there any new Jeeps that actually make it off road?

Electric is also instant torque. If any of them actually make it out of the mall parking lot, it would be VERY useful.  

30 minutes ago, probowler said:

For the "wow" factor?

Ford has said its coming and I would at least listen personally. It might be of interest to me. 

1 hour ago, probowler said:

For the "wow" factor?

Most Wranglers are street machines, especially the 4 door.

54 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ford has said its coming and I would at least listen personally. It might be of interest to me. 

I didn't realize that'd confirmed a hybrid Bronco.

41 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They have a few times. It's also been rumored to have been cancelled on a few different occasions. I guess we'll find out in a few months.

Hm.  I know I've read of the on and off again canceled rumors from certain members but yeah guess we'll find out.

On 1/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, YT90SC said:

Are there any new Jeeps that actually make it off road?

Electric is also instant torque. If any of them actually make it out of the mall parking lot, it would be VERY useful.  

I'd say most Wranglers are used off road in some fashion.

I had the opportunity to go off-roading with a coworker back in August.  He has a lightly modified Wrangler 4-door and I was absolutely floored at how well it did off road.  In some cases, it did better than the 2-door.  

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Maybe for the 2 door but I think the majority of 4 doors are soft roaders at best.

My co-worker could be the exception to the rule, but this is his daily.  And in my experience most Wrangler owners buy them to take them off road in some capacity.  Probably not as hard core as my co-worker but off road none the less.

Fun fact...he paid for an extended warranty that covers any breakage he may encounter.  All suspension components, any leaking from differentials, shocks, etc.  Not sure what he paid for it or what his deductible is but that's a heck of a warranty.