More federal investigations

MTP'er

Is anyone thinking... maybe, just maybe it wasn`t their fault? All the foreclosures and we were just paying them 150K a year. Then those pesky state and federal taxes. Maybe they were forced to make a choice of living on the streets of Detroit or St. Louis or Palm Springs?   Hmm that`s the story they were forced into their choices because of being from the poor side of town. :lurk:naaa just kiddin :lurk:

I guess it was just a matter of time before the Feds got around to investigating  UAW/Ford.Innocent until proven guilty so lets wait and see.All these bribes and kick-backs involving vendors for trinkets and SWAG? I have not been given a jacket or even a pen in a decade!  WTF? The greedy union 'fat cats' kept it all! Aint dat a bitch!:headspin: here I like this one.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Decker said:

Is anyone thinking... maybe, just maybe it wasn`t their fault? All the foreclosures and we were just paying them 150K a year. Then those pesky state and federal taxes. Maybe they were forced to make a choice of living on the streets of Detroit or St. Louis or Palm Springs?   Hmm that`s the story they were forced into their choices because of being from the poor side of town. :lurk:naaa just kiddin :lurk:

:angry2:     "I always put the concerns of the hard working men and woman of the United Auto Workers, first.Now get back to work,dont give any supervisor any of 'yo shit' in response to his shit and always,always remember,,be lucky you got any job at all. :angry2:    You want better treatment?You want equal enforcement of the contract?Then do what I tell everybody else I represent to do,,,,,kiss ass and make a deal.It aint so bad if you carry a bottle of mouthwash with ya" Fat Cat. Kidding aside I would be glad if all the cliques that sold everybody else out, to get a deal ,were broken up and all new people were given a chance to run the UAW.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

All the local`s are ran by the region`s, the region`s are ran by....? Even if you are elected and don`t give in to the bull shit they will trump (no pun intended) up something stupid and have the sheep start the rumor mill and then the drop letters and you are out the way.

I learned and experienced that bull shit first hand. 

On 1/9/2020 at 4:06 PM, mtpcares said:

Just wait until they get to the local levels. Selling jobs, forcing donations, making people take pictures of their ballots to prove who they voted for. Local 900 should be the first investigated. The two Bills are screwed

They (Feds) are on the local level, just ask anyone at Local 12 in Ohio. Seems they had a retired member receive some "lost time" ($8400 or so) that didn`t at up to the Fed`s....

Former UAW Local 12 officer faces federal charges

Jan 9, 2020 2:47 PM

Federal embezzlement charges have been filed against a former United Auto Workers Local 12 official accused of stealing nearly $8,500 from the union.

Douglas Dye, who was an electrician in UAW Local 12 and unit chairman, is charged in U.S. District Court in Toledo with embezzlement, theft of labor union assets, and falsification of financial records required to be kept by labor unions.

The Blade attempted to reach Mr. Dye for comment, and court records did not indicate that he was represented by an attorney. Additionally, The Blade left a message for Local 12 President Bruce Baumhower.

From June, 2013, through April, 2016, Mr. Dye allegedly stole about $8,443 from the union by writing about 56 vouchers to Local 12 for unauthorized lost work time. He was paid for that unauthorized lost work time, according to the indictment.

The entry was required to be reported in the annual financial report of the UAW Local 12, which must be filed with the Department of Labor.

An arraignment date before Magistrate Judge James Knepp, II was not scheduled as of Thursday afternoon.

Wonder when the Chicago Office will be bring paperwork to our hall looking for a retired Secretary/Treasurer - Regional 4 Auditor - IUAW Auditor ….?

As the old saying goes "running away (retiring) won`t change the charges" 

Edited by Decker

23 hours ago, Decker said:

They (Feds) are on the local level, just ask anyone at Local 12 in Ohio. Seems they had a retired member receive some "lost time" ($8400 or so) that didn`t at up to the Fed`s....

Former UAW Local 12 officer faces federal charges

Jan 9, 2020 2:47 PM

Federal embezzlement charges have been filed against a former United Auto Workers Local 12 official accused of stealing nearly $8,500 from the union.

Douglas Dye, who was an electrician in UAW Local 12 and unit chairman, is charged in U.S. District Court in Toledo with embezzlement, theft of labor union assets, and falsification of financial records required to be kept by labor unions.

The Blade attempted to reach Mr. Dye for comment, and court records did not indicate that he was represented by an attorney. Additionally, The Blade left a message for Local 12 President Bruce Baumhower.

From June, 2013, through April, 2016, Mr. Dye allegedly stole about $8,443 from the union by writing about 56 vouchers to Local 12 for unauthorized lost work time. He was paid for that unauthorized lost work time, according to the indictment.

The entry was required to be reported in the annual financial report of the UAW Local 12, which must be filed with the Department of Labor.

An arraignment date before Magistrate Judge James Knepp, II was not scheduled as of Thursday afternoon.

Wonder when the Chicago Office will be bring paperwork to our hall looking for a retired Secretary/Treasurer - Regional 4 Auditor - IUAW Auditor ….?

As the old saying goes "running away (retiring) won`t change the charges" 

Mr Dye, an electrician, might just be able to obtain one of those "up to 200" trades buyouts?  Its to the point where I have no confidence in ANYTHING involving my union.The top IUAW leadership has to be replaced,for sure.A new example of good ethics must be set from those at the very top.I am also an electrician.Imagine if I was working with Mr.Dye {I dont know him personally or if any of the allegations are true} or anyone else who had such a good "deal" going for themselves. Think that they would have any concern for me as a fellow union member in the trades?I would say NO ,because siding or sticking up for another ordinary union member may place his "deal" in jeopardy.Wonder why 'some' management has zero respect for 'some' of the local unions?Let me also add the the Company is playing a big part in all this.By selectively handing out ,'The keys to the kingdom', they are purposely dividing us.I have no sympathy for anybody who gets legally punished as a result of these investigations.Jail aint nothing.Just wait until the lawyers get done with em!I hope GM wins its lawsuit against FCAU.It wont be a clean sweep until the Company is also held ethically responsible.All union members deserve a level playing field.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1