Tesla Stock

coupe3w

1 minute ago, valve said:

Instead of continuing to spout half truths, go do some research. As has already been stated, it's more than just EA.

Unless there is specific info on another relationship between VW and Ford on BEVs it does not exist. All I have seen is this on BEVs " Volkswagen and Ford have signed a memorandum of understanding to investigate collaboration on autonomous vehicles, mobility services, and electric vehicles..." and that basically says they agreed to investigate whether they can collaborate on any of those topics. Hardly an agreement.

Anyway trying to keep with Tesla is like drinking from a firehose. It would be nice if Ford understood exactly where the analysts believe they are when it comes to BEVs - 3 years behind in battery cost and three years behind in AI and in 3 years they may be more than 3 years behind.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:27 AM, akirby said:

Tesla has a big learning curve when it comes to mass production, keeping old vehicles fresh while developing new ones and they don't have a healthy ICE business to help subsidize the BEV R&D.   Also nationwide service.

And Ford has Rivian to help them with the BEV specific stuff, although it sounds like they've figured out most of it on their own.   I don't understand why people think BEVs are magic.   A Ford hybrid is far more complicated.

Let me point out what F does not realize. We live in an age where the cost of technology developed during the tech telecom bubble has been coming down for 20 years and today robotics, AI, and battery are exponential growth trends that are converging and Tesla is riding the auto wave of this disruptive innovation. IMO, you have to go back to the telephone, electricity and the ICE to understand how explosive the growth will be not only in the auto industry but in 3D printing, genomics and etc. will be. 

• Like 1

One quick Google search and I've found the VW alliance we're mentioning.  Like we've been saying, do your research...

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2019/07/12/ford-vw.html

" Working together with Ford and Volkswagen, Argo AI’s self-driving system (SDS) is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S. Plus, being able to tap into both automakers’ global reach, Argo AI’s platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any autonomous driving technology to date. Volkswagen and Ford independently will integrate Argo AI’s SDS into purpose-built vehicles to support the distinct people and goods movement initiatives of both companies. "

"Company leaders also announced Ford will become the first additional automaker to use Volkswagen’s dedicated electric vehicle architecture and Modular Electric Toolkit – or MEB – to deliver a high-volume zero-emission vehicle in Europe starting in 2023.

Ford expects to deliver more than 600,000 European vehicles using the MEB architecture over six years, with a second all-new Ford model for European customers under discussion. This supports Ford’s European strategy, which involves continuing to play on its strengths – including commercial vehicles, compelling crossovers and imported iconic vehicles such as Mustang and Explorer."

20 hours ago, mlhm5 said:

Right now analysts are changing their forecast with regularity on how rapidly the public will accept BEVs. The largest market will be Europe by 2025 (6.3MM vehicles) and the only BEV car F has planned for Europe is the Mach-E and they are only committed to making 50K in 2021. What analyst would recommend F stock knowing this?

The "largest market will be Europe" because they're literally banning ICE vehicles, forcing the population to electrics more quickly than it otherwise would have happened.

20 hours ago, mlhm5 said:

Ford is teamed with VW for the fast-charging network in the USA. AFAIK that is the only relationship. VW formed EA as a result of the court decision in "dieselgate" and was ordered to invest $2B in electric vehicle infrastructure in the US.

Ford-VW is working on electrics for Europe as well.  A single google search would show you that.

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The "largest market will be Europe" because they're literally banning ICE vehicles, forcing the population to electrics more quickly than it otherwise would have happened.

Ford-VW is working on electrics for Europe as well.  A single google search would show you that.

MLHM is on a break because he can't play nice here :

• Like 1

In lieu of raising money through profits...

(Actually, if people are willing to pay so much for the stuff, why not? And best to do it now when it is still impossible to calculate the stock's P/E ratio, as the "E" is still lacking.)

--------------

• Tesla announced Thursday that it plans to offer $2 billion of common stock.
  • Tesla said it will use the proceeds to "further strengthen its balance sheet, as well as for general corporate purposes."
  • The offering comes just 15 days after CEO Elon Musk said Tesla wouldn't raise further capital on an earnings call with analysts

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/tesla-stock-price-reaction-company-announces-billion-stock-offering-2020-2-1028903392

17 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Open a margin account on Etrade and execute your short sale strategy on TSLA. $0 commission on stock & option trades.  https://us.etrade.com/trade/margin-trading

I don't need to open accounts. Since trading isn't my primary occupation (FinTech is) I don't trade on margin. However, in this instance of insanity is making me think shorting is a good idea. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. This is becoming like Bitcoin. There is a wave of investors who just keep dumping money into it. Disregarding all logic, it has become an emotional decision. Those fall back to earth eventually.

• 2 months later...

Tesla announced Q1 2020 results today. Stock was up to $800 at market close. https://ir.tesla.com/static-files/c1723af4-ffda-4881-ae12-b6f3c972b795

Highlights.

• Highest ever Q1 revenue
  • Positive net income in Q1
  • Operating cash flow negative $895M, of which $981M outflow was due to inventory growth
  • Automotive gross margin of 25.5% and total gross margin of 20.6%
  • Model Y deliveries began ahead of schedules
  • Solar roof production reached 1,000 units/week
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

$283M is operating income. Net income or profits is $68M.

I see now - interest and other expenses were on a later slide.  So that makes it even worse.  Without regulatory credits they would have lost $286M.

And they only made a $10m gross profit on energy.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 11:49 PM, probowler said:

I don't know if Elon is being serious about selling his earthly goods, but i do think he is on to something with some of his other ideas. I'm starting to come around to him

Yes sir, it's Elon being his colorful and creative self.  ? TSLA price rose a lot since his tweet, $768 at market close today.

Also, Tesla Model 3 was the best selling car in Great Britain in April 2020, when the whole new car market there crashed because of Covid-19 actions. It's the first time in a long time, maybe ever, that an American designed and manufactured car from an American company was #1. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/tesla-model-3-aprils-best-selling-new-car-uk

• Like 1