Doug loves the new Escape Hybrid

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I'll be looking at a Corsair PHEV to replace the MKX unless it ends up being to small for us.  A PHEV Nautilus would be ideal but not sure that's coming.  Not ready to go BEV for the vehicle we take on road trips.

We're looking closely at the upcoming PHEV Escape.  Finally had a chance to sit in a Escape SE Sport Hybrid last week and the driver's seat easily fits my 6'4" body (passed test #1).  Next step is a test drive.

Watched that review last night and like his channel no matter what he talks about.

Minor gripe,  and I think he mentioned the new steering wheel's volume control switches being ass backward, other than that, I like most of the layout. I've not had a vehicle with a heads up display but these seem to be getting more and more common across the board. 

Edited by kyle

What’s the difference between the heads up display on the escape and Corsair? I haven’t tried the heads up in either so maybe this applies to both, but the text seemed really tiny on that screen and it seemed like the steering wheel would block your view.

54 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

What’s the difference between the heads up display on the escape and Corsair? I haven’t tried the heads up in either so maybe this applies to both, but the text seemed really tiny on that screen and it seemed like the steering wheel would block your view.

How would the steering wheel block your view of something up at the base of the windshield?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

093015917-7fbe2d89-71da-4f45-8dd8-babdf9

Depending on the angle you keep your steering wheel, it looks like it’s possible.

Lol.  Your head is that low?  The angle pictured is clearly to show the HUD view - a photo from a normal viewing angle would show how it's not an issue at all.

18 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Lol.  Your head is that low?  The angle pictured is clearly to show the HUD view - a photo from a normal viewing angle would show how it's not an issue at all.

If I had that in my Fusion, it would probably be at least slightly obscured. I like to sit really low (think Dale Earnhardt) in that car. I prefer  a more upright position in the flex so it wouldn't be an issue there. 

Finally sat in a new Escape Titanium... though I do wish for better interior materials, overall it's a lot better than I expected from looking at photos. It's a nice, clean design and everything feels pretty solid with the exception of the rear door panels. The exterior is not as boring as pictures would lead you to believe as well, which we've heard from multiple people. It looks sporty, classy and definitely gives a slight Porsche vibe. Love the lighting details as well. It's not a home-run but a significant improvement from the last generation. 

16 hours ago, rmc523 said:

How would the steering wheel block your view of something up at the base of the windshield?

I would like to get a car where the top of the wheel could block something at the base of the windshield. For me, even in its full-up position, the wheel normally blocks the top of the instrument cluster.