2021 GMC Yukon

T-dubz

It looks good. I'm very surprised the Denali gets its own dash top, and that' it's not just shared across the whole Yukon lineup. Seems like an expensive change for only a portion of sales.

It'd be nice to see Expy get its own interior, though I understand why they do it.

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It looks good. I'm very surprised the Denali gets its own dash top, and that' it's not just shared across the whole Yukon lineup. Seems like an expensive change for only a portion of sales.

It'd be nice to see Expy get its own interior, though I understand why they do it.

Perhaps they plan on pushing the price point of the Denali even higher, justifying the additional expense. 

The Yukon is definitely the best looking of the trio, and a solid effort. 

16 hours ago, tbone said:

Perhaps they plan on pushing the price point of the Denali even higher, justifying the additional expense. 

The Yukon is definitely the best looking of the trio, and a solid effort. 

Someone over at GMI was saying Denali sales are 60% of sales for Yukon, which I didn't realize.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Someone over at GMI was saying Denali sales are 60% of sales for Yukon, which I didn't realize.

I'm sure most buyers get a Yukon for the sole purpose of getting the Denali trim, so I'm surprised it's not higher.  It does have a longer warranty than the Chevys so that's another reason. 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I'm sure most buyers get a Yukon for the sole purpose of getting the Denali trim, so I'm surprised it's not higher.  It does have a longer warranty than the Chevys so that's another reason. 

And you get a better motor.  

15 hours ago, buddysystem said:

Anyone understand what the middle lump is in the vertical slot to the right of the gear selector buttons?  Why not just have buttons?

They did some push/pull combo thing.  I think you push for park and neutral, and pull for reverse/drive.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/17/gmc-yukon-hurricane-turn/

GMC isn't a hip, young startup, but its engineers are out to prove it's possible to teach an old dog new tricks. The next-generation Yukon will offer adventurers seeking a quick turn-around a "Hurricane Turn" feature that functions a lot like Rivian's Tank Turn technology. The two systems use different hardware to perform a similar action.

We didn't hear anything about the Hurricane Turn feature during the Yukon's unveiling because GMC planned to keep it under wraps until later, but an eagle-eyed report at Motor Trend uncovered it and quizzed the firm. It's real, and it's engaged when the driver switches the stability control system off, energetically turns the steering wheel in either direction, and mashes the accelerator pedal to the floor. The Yukon needs to be on a loose surface, too.

If you're turning right, the on-board computer applies braking power to the passenger-side wheels to prevent them from spinning, while the engine continues to turn the driver-side wheels to rotate the Yukon on its own axis. The exact opposite happens if you're turning left. It's clever and relatively simple; there's no extra hardware required to enable the feature, though it shows the next Yukon is far more advanced than its predecessor.