electronic issues

turbo2424

for the 2nd time in 18 months my 18 Navigator in shop for crazy mirrors and other electronic issues!  1 week last year now been in shop for 

16 days.

Ford supposedly has the problem resolved with parts on the way the way!  6 days later still waiting for the parts! 

NO HAPPY! 

Ford cant even track the parts  Come on Ford Co get into the 21st century!

Edited by turbo2424
spelling

19 hours ago, turbo2424 said:

for the 2nd time in 18 months my 18 Navigator in shop for crazy mirrors and other electronic issues!  1 week last year now been in shop for 

16 days.

Ford supposedly has the problem resolved with parts on the way the way!  6 days later still waiting for the parts! 

NO HAPPY! 

The mirror popping should be a reprogram fix, they did mine a few months ago and it’s been fine ever since.  However, I have a new issue that’s popped up... the touch sensor door locks work intermittently... the drivers door is more reliable than the other three but I use them more frequently since I have toddlers to load.  It goes in next week.  Oh, the rear latch button to close the tailgate is sticking as well.  I know both these can be operated with the FOB but I put that in a pocket inside my pants so I don’t have to have it taking up space in my exterior pockets.  I got caught in a deluge yesterday and was jamming around my crotch trying to hit the FOB button hidden deep inside my pants... it wasn’t a good look and I got soaked as my kids laughed.  As you, I’m not happy either.

What other issues are you experiencing??

UPDATE  

have the Navigator back after 16 days. The electronic issues persist and the mirror issue is more  frequent, cell phone will not sync on incoming calls But does work when I call out. steering wheel memory is working so far,  i cannot blame my dealer its FOMOCO dragging its feet 

1 hour ago, turbo2424 said:

UPDATE  

have the Navigator back after 16 days. The electronic issues persist and the mirror issue is more  frequent, cell phone will not sync on incoming calls But does work when I call out. steering wheel memory is working so far,  i cannot blame my dealer its FOMOCO dragging its feet 

Sucks it’s still acting up.  Stuff like this make me feel better about getting the extended warranty, I just hope the vehicle is reliable for the long term.  We take this into pretty remote areas and would be totally screwed if we had an issue in the woods.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 9:43 PM, turbo2424 said:

16 days.

NOT HAPPY! 

Back to dealer for another week, 4 weeks total and counting. Waiting for Ford to come up with solution :( 

We've had a couple glitchy electronics problems, but we seem to be in a stable state now...

Our 2019 Navigator had a problem with rear passenger window non-operable, and they fixed it by replacing some computer. With the new unit our clock periodically resets for no apparent reason. I plan to bring it up at the next regular service.

Our mirrors semi-frequently get into that "popping" state when trying to restore a preset. I just select the mirror to get it to stop popping, move it a little, then press the preset button again and it gets the mirror unwedged. To me this seems like some kind of design/programming mistake, not something that is because of a broken part. Like the programming is trying to take it from a valid mirror position to another valid mirror position by passing through an invalid corner position, or something about the programming makes it think the mirror is in a different position than it is. We'll bring this up at service, but I'm not expecting a fix.

We have not had any trouble with bluetooth, though we usually use CarPlay or Android Auto, both of which work reliably. Sometimes my Android gets wedged and has no map instructions sound, but I think that might be an android issue not the car. 

We used to have a Sync software problem where the Navigator phone-integration "prompt volume" could get set to zero, and then you couldn't turn it up, because you can only turn it up when it was talking, but you didn't know when it was talking because the volume was zero. However, they seem to have fixed this in an update and created another problem, where the prompt volume always resets (to 6?) every time there is a new prompt... which we find annoying, but not as bad as the other problem. It would be better if it would remember the prompt volume like before, but it would never go below 2, and/or the prompt volume was accessible in settings somewhere (which maybe it is, I admit I have not checked recently). 

Edited by Dave_SF

On 2/5/2020 at 8:18 PM, turbo2424 said:

Back to dealer for another week, 4 weeks total and counting. Waiting for Ford to come up with solution :( 

Put in new battery on Friday

The dancing mirrors came back the Saturday, 1st the passenger side the next time was the drivers side mirror 

steering wheel height memory was also lost