Genesis GV80

T-dubz

5 hours ago, tbone said:

I’m too lazy to look, but has anyone seen a pic of the rear of the vehicle?  From the above pic, the silhouette kind of looks like the rear of the MKT. I hope they didn’t make that mistake. 

I was too lazy to type in anything, so here is the first picture that popped up when I hit the image button on a google search

image.png.e38b6077a21e18d5029e2cf264c3bd02.png

Edited by twintornados
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2020 at 12:21 PM, 92merc said:

It's a nice try.  But why would I buy this over a Palisade?  I mean if people are saying they can cross shop between the Explorer and Palisade, then I can cross shop the GV and a Palisade...

That is a good question-if how much better can they make this over the Palisade? 

• 10 months later...

Bumping this topic back up now that first drive reviews are out. This seems to be a very impressive mid-sized luxury crossover, and with a RWD/AWD configuration much like the Aviator. It is almost identical to the size of the Nautilus and what the Nautilus could be if FMC hadn't decided to shelve redesign plans for the Edge and Nautilus, leaving a big white space between the smaller Corsair and larger Aviator. The rumors are that the white space will end up being filled with an all-electric, but many of us don't have overnight charging capabilities where we live so that really isn't an option. 

With my Nautilus lease ending in just over a year, I will be seriously looking at this. I might also just buy out my lease as I do like the Nautilus and that will give me more time to consider my next move. I could also lease a new 2022 Nautilus with its revised interior, but I'm not thrilled with getting another one in its final year or two of production. It will be getting a little long in the tooth at that point.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/genesis/gv80

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2021-genesis-gv80-3-5t-awd-preview/

2021 Genesis GV80 interior

Edited by Gurgeh

• 2 months later...

This, from CNN's article on the crash:

"The crash, which destroyed the front of the Genesis SUV courtesy vehicle, could have been fatal, but the airbags and seatbelts helped Woods survive, Gonzalez and Sheriff Alex Villanueva said.

The sheriff said he thinks Woods was traveling at a high rate of speed down a hilly part of the road when the crash occurred."

Look at the vehicle. The passenger cabin is almost entirely intact, despite the violence of the crash. Unless some some fault in the vehicle is found for having caused the crash, that's quite a testament.

Genesis is certainly getting lots of unexpected attention to their all-new, first-ever SUV, but maybe not the attention they would have liked. People might just think of it as the car that crashed Tiger.

When I was shopping for my next ride in January, I have compared GV80 (and many more) to the 2021 Nautilus. For almost 10k less, the Nautilus was better equipped.

I like the GV interior but the front grille not so...

Now here I am, waiting for my Naut!!

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, Anthony said:

They really have a presence and look much better in person than pictures (tell me what vehicle doesn't these days?)

Isn't that the truth...I said that after seeing my first MME.

I'm also not a fan of the chipmunk perspective shots you see cars taken in these days.

On 3/1/2021 at 12:40 PM, Marc D. said:

When I was shopping for my next ride in January, I have compared GV80 (and many more) to the 2021 Nautilus. For almost 10k less, the Nautilus was better equipped.

I like the GV interior but the front grille not so...

Now here I am, waiting for my Naut!!

It is a little hard to compare the Genesis and Lincoln crossover lineup. In size, the 2-row Corsair is the smallest. Next in size is the 2-row Genesis GV70 (already out in Korea and soon to be released stateside), then the 2-row Nautilus, the 2- or 3-row GV80 (it is available in both configurations), and the 3-row Aviator. Most compare the GV80 with the Aviator, MDX, X5 and Q7 or Q8 (depending on whether one is comparing 2-row or 3-row). These are all about the same size except for the Aviator and Audi Q7, which are a few inches longer. Another reason why the GV80 lines up better with the Aviator is they are both RWD/AWD vehicles and the GV80 comes with a 3.5 twin turbo V6 option (it's base engine is a 2.5 turbo 4). One more comment: the upcoming GV70 in Korea has the same engine options as the GV80, which puts a hellavalot of power in the smaller, lighter crossover.

Edited by Gurgeh

17 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

It is a little hard to compare the Genesis and Lincoln crossover lineup. In size, the 2-row Corsair is the smallest. Next in size is the 2-row Genesis GV70 (already out in Korea and soon to be released stateside), then the 2-row Nautilus, the 2- or 3-row GV80 (it is available in both configurations), and the 3-row Aviator. Most compare the GV80 with the Aviator, MDX, X5 and Q7 or Q8 (depending on whether one is comparing 2-row or 3-row). These are all about the same size except for the Aviator and Audi Q7, which are a few inches longer. Another reason why the GV80 lines up better with the Aviator is they are both RWD/AWD vehicles and the GV80 comes with a 3.5 twin turbo V6 option (it's base engine is a 2.5 turbo 4). One more comment: the upcoming GV70 in Korea has the same engine options as the GV80, which puts a hellavalot of power in the smaller, lighter crossover.

I agree with you the GV80 should not be compared to the Nautilus. If only for the bigger engines. Lenght wise GV80 fits right in-between the Aviator and the Nautilus. For us, the Corsair was just big enough, and the Nautilus is plenty. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marc D. said:

I agree with you the GV80 should not be compared to the Nautilus. If only for the bigger engines. Lenght wise GV80 fits right in-between the Aviator and the Nautilus. For us, the Corsair was just big enough, and the Nautilus is plenty. 

I like the Nautilus. I own a 2019 Naut myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gurgeh said:

I like the Nautilus. I own a 2019 Naut myself.

It’s going to be my first Lincoln. I have owned big caddies in the past but I believe Lincoln have a big edge vs GM now. 
My son owns a 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD and I fell in love with this car!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 10:14 AM, Gurgeh said:

Look at the vehicle. The passenger cabin is almost entirely intact, despite the violence of the crash. Unless some some fault in the vehicle is found for having caused the crash, that's quite a testament.

IIHS confirmed what Tiger Woods knows very well. Genesis GV80 is a excellent vehicle to be driving if you're going to crash it. GV80 earned Top Safety Pick+  rating from IIHS with "Good" rating for all crashworthiness measures and "Acceptable" rating for headlamp performance. New Genesis SUV earns highest safety award (iihs.org)